scale viewport layout layouts

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Steven Allen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2021 - 08:07 PM

Hey switched to NanoCAD a while ago, however haven't had to work with it much since switching.
Previous Experience with AutoCAD 2006, another newer version that I don't remember, and was a Draftsight user until they introduced "subscription" billing. Most of the work I do is in theatre and live events, and I don't have to CAD very often these days (although may have to a lot more coming up).
So I am very familiar with the general layout and controls in NanoCAD as they are largely the same as in the more vintage versions of AutoCAD I used and in Draftsight.
Honestly I would of stuck with AutoCAD or switched to Vectorworks if I could justify the expense, but I can't even justify paying for a Draftsight subscription so I bought NanoCAD.

Anyways I am currently making up scale site drawings for an upcoming music festival to detail the position and layout of tents, stages, porta-johns, etc. Had done some theatre drafting in NanoCAD after switching, and exported some layouts without toooo much headeache.
However here I am whipping up layouts and viewports for these sites and finding that things are nowhere near scaling correctly. For Venue #01 I made a portrait letter sized page for the layout, and drew on a rectangular viewport... I go to set the scale and WTF? I set it to 1/2" = 1' using the inspector and a line that should be 36'6" prints out and measured with a scale rule measures 2'! (obviously I noticed that it was NOT actually 1/2" = 1' as that would of shown only one tiny portion of the area but I checked so I could verify just HOW FAR OFF it really was)...

Sort of at a loss of what to do as I would like to actually hand out drawings to contractors that are TO SCALE.

Would love some feedback as to what I am doing wrong.... And please refrain from comment on the drawing itself, I know it's an awful mess... Not getting paid to make these drawings and using overhead satellite images for rough approximation as I cannot easily access the sites to take measurements.

Thanks,
Steve.

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users