Orthographic UCS tab

1 reply to this topic

#1 JAR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 09:30 PM

nanoCAD 5 does not support 3D but, as its manual states (p 105, Topic: Orthographic UCS tab) it does allow one to set an orthogonal UCS

I can find no videos that cover in any way, for any of nanoCAD’s programs, how the Orthographic UCS is used when constructing a CAD drawing.

In fact, the only YouTubes I can find that describe manipulating the UCS whatsoever relate to AutoCAD applications.

For years 2D CAD program generated orthographic projections have been used to describe real world CAD projects. I’m sure the manipulation of the Orthographic UCS tab (Set: Top, Bottom, Front, Back, Left, Right; Set: SW Iso, SE Iso, NE Iso, NW iso) has something to do with this.

Can someone please explain, or direct me to a URL where someone has explained, how switching the World UCS from one placement to another can aid one in drawing a CAD file.

Thanks

#2 rckseattle@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA USA

Posted 13 April 2021 - 03:25 AM

You might want to dig into the UCSMAN command. Setting a specific UCS doesn't necessarily aid you in creating a CAD file but in some cases it may make it easier. I am thinking of site design project where all the buildings may not necessarily be laid out perfectly at right angles straight up and down. One could set a UCS view to the angle the buildings are aligned to and basically "tilt" the drawing so that layout might be relatively easier that having to draw at off angles to get things laid out. Also some projects may require work to be done in a specific datum set in which case having the ability to shift the UCS comes in very handy
CHEERS! -RK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users