Hide dimensions in some viewports

4 replies to this topic

#1 JasinPaul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 03:33 PM

How can I make it so that each viewport in layout space can have it's own means of displaying dimensions?

I would like to only show dimensions in the front, side, and top views. Leave the isometric as just the drawing, see attached

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Dimensions in all viewports.PNG

#2 pguimber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationFrance - Maine et Loire

Posted 18 March 2021 - 06:17 AM

Hello,
- Put the dimensions in a layer.
- In the concerned viewport hide the layer of dimensions.
This does impacted the viewport not the other.
see my video https://youtu.be/Su-CQqoKcnc

cordially

#3 JasinPaul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 11:00 AM

All My viewports seem to be linked. What I do in any viewport is copied verbatim to all other viewports on the layout. How do I disconnect the viewports?

Edit: I see now I was not using the VP freeze. Now it works, that's a subtile difference but huge impact.

#4 pguimber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationFrance - Maine et Loire

Posted 18 March 2021 - 11:20 AM

But when you click in a viewport you can hide layers with this option that appears.
Attached Image: Viewport.JPG

This setting is only covered by the selected Viewport.
In your example, we can hide the dimensions in a viewport and not in the others. Just use the layers.

Attached File  Layer and viewport.dwg   22.86K   13 downloads

#5 rckseattle@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA USA

Posted 13 April 2021 - 03:35 AM

Clicking onto different viewports allows you to set layer visibility per view port simply by using the Layer dialog box. It is one of the main benefits of viewports - allowing the user to set up different "views" of the same model. Imagine in model space you draw all the Architectural, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing work all on top of each other but utilizing a strategic layering plan...using viewports to set up layer schemes of "architectural" layers and "electrical" etc layers allows you to print each disciplines necessary information without having to generate separate models to depict this information. So clicking onto the viewports allows you to turn off and turn on what you what to show in that specific "view"

Hope that helps...
CHEERS! -RK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users