Hatch pattern misbehavior

1 reply to this topic

#1 David F

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 03:09 AM

I'm a newbe using NanoCAD 11 plus. Some of the more "organic" style hatch patterns have suddenly started acting strange. When I insert them, they come in at a super big scale such that I have to change the scale to a number less than "1" just to see them. These patterns also seem to be corrupted i.e. the gravel pattern just looks like a bunch of random lines. I have copied properly looking hatch patterns (from other drawings) into my current drawing and they look OK but when I use the hatch dialog, I get the "out of scale and corrupt" patterns. When I do this, I can make it look OK by matching properties from the "OK" pattern to the problematic one.

Another thing I've noticed with these misbehaving patterns is they won't fill a polyline enclosure, just one that's been created with individual lines. Also, when trying to select anything but the simplest of areas, I get a red target indicating the program is trying to discern the boarder but it can't figure it out and finally give up even though I'm certain it's an enclosed area. All of this is only happening on the "organic" looking patterns such as concrete, gravel or wood grain. Standard cross hatching seems to work OK.

Thinking I should try replacing the offending PAT files (or add others I'd like to use), I've searched and tried to find the default PAT file location as given under options: "C:\ProgramData\Nanosoft\nanoCAD Plus Int 11.0\shx" but there is no such directory on my computer which I don't understand.

#2 Kreator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationKrasnodar, Russia

Posted 17 February 2021 - 02:39 PM

Hi.
Could you share your file with wrong hatch? I faced it long time ago, but can't find any.
Do REGEN, REGENALL, REGENOBJ help?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users