Vertical dimensioning nanoCAD Pro

dimension vertical

2 replies to this topic

#1 Jan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 07:37 PM

• I’m having a difficult time understanding and implementing vertical dimensions. I don’t know if my problem is related to the instructions found under nanoCAD Help/Linear dimensions, or if it is because I’m using layers incorrectly.
  • I’m consulting nanoCAD Help.
  • I’ve not been able to find a video that addresses this problem specifically nor a .pdf manual I can consult. If there is a video or a manual, can you let me know?
  • The forum question Help with Isometric Dimension seems to address the problem, but it relates to a 2D model(?).

I have a layer labeled Dim Overhead on which I’ve placed all horizontal measurements.

I wish to do vertical dimensions of a box (cabinet) and find that any dimensions I attempt to make are immediately assumed to be horizontal.

I’ve tried DIMVER and that doesn’t seem to help.

I’ve tried to follow the instructions under Linear dimensions/To specify the vertical dimension of the line: and still am unsuccessful.

Thank you

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 06:29 PM

Hi Jan,

set ucs by current view, then you will be able to dimension vertical objects.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#3 JAR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 07:28 PM

I'm sorry...

My UCS is currently set to "World" view.

By issuing
- UCSMAN/[Tab] Orthographic USCs/Front
- (Name) *Front* [Set Current]
By resetting the UCS to another view (*Front*),
it appeared that I was able to start attaching vertical dimensions to the drawing.

However, when I switched back to World view those dimensions became completely unattached to the drawing and floated incomprehensibly in the 'ether'.

How does one end up with a drawing containing both horizontal and vertical dimensions, properly attached to horizontal and vertical elements (respectively) of that drawing?

What did you mean by saying "set ucs by current view"?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users