M and m scale?

2 replies to this topic

#1 L S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2020 - 01:42 AM

So far, I'm really loving this tool. Except scaling. :) I've figured out how to convert my Draftsight (may they burn in hell...) drawings to work w/ NC. Figured out how to print to scale. But cannot figure out how to make the dimensions and text work with printing at different viewport scales. I suspect it's related to the "Measurement Scale" and "Symbol Scale" - but sure can't puzzle it out.

I've read the documentation - I must be stupid cause it doesn't help.

Has anyone figured this Rubic's cube out?

:)

To paraphrase one of my very favorite Christmas stories... May God bless us all during these crazy times.

LS

#2 pguimber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationFrance - Maine et Loire

Posted 19 December 2020 - 06:45 AM

Hello,
same analysis for Draftsight!

with NC and scale the objective what is it?

Place dimensions to scale on the presentation (paper space)?

I guess that's the topic of the question!
With a window (viewport) at 1/100 scale (properties - Custom scale = 10), remember that this is 10mm of paper for 1 unit (meter) of model space.

1m / 100 = 0.01m or 10mm of paper.

The dimension on this viewport must have a suitable scale in its property 'Dimscale linear = 0.1'.

NC 5.0 incorporates some variables for compatibility but does not use them. Dimensions on paper space are not associative with model space.

Best regards

#3 L S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2020 - 04:40 PM

And Autocad has "annotative" scale that's hard for me to wrap my head around. i think this is a much better tool than Draftsight. It's really more of a learning process I guess. It'd help if there were options to scale in imperial units as well, since I live in a country that's still in the 19th century... :)

LS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users