Layer property window as fly-out

2 replies to this topic

#1 Stefan55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 11:41 AM

Hi,

first of all let me express my excitement about nanocad. It is a fast, reliable and convenient piece of software. We are using it in version 20.0.5153.4529.

Coming from AutoCAD, I have some difficulties with windows or behavior I am used to and perhaps it is possible to improve the workflow for my work by some kind of setting or another way to treat things.

First of all:

I am used to having a fly-out window of the layer properties on the right side of the window. At the moment, I can only open the layer property window as a modal window, so that I always need to change layers etc. then close the window, do some commands, open it again and so on.

I know that there is a shorter way to activate, display and freeze etc. layers in the ribbon, but here as well, I need to open the drop-down and then scroll down, so something which would keep the layer property window opened in the background would be very welcome.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Stefan

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 11:26 AM

Hello Stefan, fly-out window of the layer properties is not available in nanoCAD yet
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#3 Sean Lillem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 11:29 PM

I'm new to nanoCAD coming over from using AutoCAD at my last job. So far it's been great and very easy to pick up. Great software for sure and I'm learning everyday. Is there a chance the Layer Properties will be a fly out window or have a way to keep it open through the entire drawing session. I had this in AutoCAD will certainly miss it. I use dual monitors and keep the layer properties window open along with the command window on the second monitor.

Thanks for such great software that's affordable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users