Problem setting drawing units

Drawing units Imperial help

1 reply to this topic

#1 Programmar88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 11:14 PM

I cannot find a way to set drawing units to imperial inches for the purpose of making mechanical drawings to exact scale in imperial units. Ive gone to format and set the units to inches, ive attempted to test that they are outputting correctly by printing a simple line at 1:1 scale and i can 100% confirm that 1 unit still equals 1mm instead of 1in.
I have been an autocad user for many years and they have a user friendly setting to set the desired units for a drawing. I am sure must be missing something. Can anyone help me w this?
It is absolutely critical that i be able to print scale drawings as opposed to drawings that read correct dimensions but are of unknown scale.
In short i need to be able to draw a line 1 unit long, print said drawing at 1:1 scale and have that line measure exactly 1 inch long. Please help, the software is absolutely perfect in all other respects for my purposes, but if this issue is unresolvable i wont be able to use nanocad...which is an absolute bummer because i like it quite a bit.

#2 todouble22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 11:39 PM

Are you starting with a template, or have you created one? Did you create a Mechanical DimStyle? Your Drawing units should be set to Decimal with whatever precision and Decimal Degrees with whatever precision. If you are drawing in model space at true size and having an issue with scaling in paperspace you may need to adjust to 1:25.4 for it to convert but not knowing the steps you are doing from the beginning I'm throwing lawn darts...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users