9 replies to this topic

#1 Aliballibee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 10:26 AM

Hi

First post on the forum.

Installed nanoCAD 5 to work with previously created drawing files, mainly family tree creations. These started in AutoCAD LT but more recently worked in DraftSight. The file version I'm trying to open is AC1027 or even earlier AC1024.

Having installed the free version successfully when I open the software the following happens:
  • The boxes at the top of the software e.g. layer info (I presume) or text boxes "flash" and can't be selected
  • The software freezes and I can't close it down
  • The only way to close it down is via "Task Master" and force it to close
Hoping someone can assist to get me up and running.

Many thanks

Alan

#2 Aliballibee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 10:35 PM

Evening

By way of update to my original post if I type "open" (or anything) into the command line the error message reads:

"Error: Cannot Run Command, another command is active" - despite nothing else being open.

I also tried Compatibility Mode without success.

Last Update - The Trouble-shooter noted it as an Incompatible Program - installed on 32 bit machine

Any thoughts?

#3 pguimber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationFrance - Maine et Loire

Posted 05 October 2020 - 06:36 AM

Hello,
during installation I had problems, too.

Then by doing an installation in administrator mode, it ended up being resolved.

Patrick

#4 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 05:40 PM

Hello,

it may be the problem with drawing file. Try to Recover command instead of open it.

nanoCAD Plus https://nanocad.com/products/plus/ includes more functionality for fixing the problem files.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#5 Aliballibee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 09:25 PM

View PostHellen_V, on 05 October 2020 - 05:40 PM, said:

Hello,

it may be the problem with drawing file. Try to Recover command instead of open it.

nanoCAD Plus https://nanocad.com/products/plus/ includes more functionality for fixing the problem files.

Thanks for your response .

This problem occurs as soon as I open the software - unfortunately I don't even get to the "open drawing" or recover mode.

#6 Aliballibee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 09:27 PM

View Postpguimber, on 05 October 2020 - 06:36 AM, said:

Hello,
during installation I had problems, too.

Then by doing an installation in administrator mode, it ended up being resolved.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick

Although I am the administrator of the PC I will try a reinstall in administrator mode.

Alan

#7 Aliballibee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 10:31 PM

Ok - this now comes under the heading of strange.

Patrick

I followed your advice, uninstalled nanoCAD 5 and reinstalled as an Administrator. All seemed good, even got to the open file point then it crashed again. I now know, see below, that the "Inspector" tab isn't opening correctly and that might have been part of the problem.

What I then tried was installing nanoCAD 5 on my laptop. Now the download page tells you this program is x32 and my laptop is a 64-bit machine. However I downloaded nanoCAD 5 and the 64 bit nano-plus trial.

Having installed nano 5 on a machine that, theoretically, it shouldn't work on it is! That's why I know the "inspector" tab is missing from my 32 bit PC version.

I opened one of my family tree files first time. The only thing the basic program didn't seem to like was "attribute" boxes - I have a box for each family member set up with common info e.g. DOB, Death, Marriage etc.

I'll try the nano-plus to see if it handles these any better but I've deleted the software from my 32 bit PC.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Alan

#8 pguimber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationFrance - Maine et Loire

Posted 06 October 2020 - 07:17 AM

Hello
On my x64 pc I run NC5.0 in XP pack2 compatibile mode with a shortcut that I did on the desktop.
In the options I put DirectX (graphic settings)

Is this the solution? ....

Patrick

#9 Aliballibee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 09:43 PM

View Postpguimber, on 06 October 2020 - 07:17 AM, said:

Hello
On my x64 pc I run NC5.0 in XP pack2 compatibile mode with a shortcut that I did on the desktop.
In the options I put DirectX (graphic settings)

Is this the solution? ....

Patrick

Hi Patrick

I actually just did a straight install of the NC5.0 on my 64bit laptop - didn't try compatibility but will now.

The NC Plus trial worked perfectly on the family tree drawings, opening my defined blocks / attributes without any issues. I'm currently using this version to save my drawing files back to a lower AutoCAD level.

Thanks again for you comments - very helpful.

alan

#10 KrzysiekT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 08:45 AM

Hello
I had the same problem, i fix it by changing the graphics options from OpenGL to DirectX.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users