Dimension text height

1 reply to this topic

#1 David F

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 04:13 AM

I've always struggled with understanding dimensions. I've watched some tutorials but it seems my NanoCAD frequently doesn't act like the one in the tutorial. For example...
Why is it that I must go into dimension style, modify, ellipsis (...) to change the dimension text height instead of simply changing it on the properties panel? Of-times (but not always) the dimension text value is grey and the ONLY PLACE I can change it is after the ellipse. Even when the other text height windows are not grey, making the change there doesn't effect a change in the text height.
The sizes for arrows, dimension line offsets etc are relative to what?
Does it make a difference if I modify the above values in model space verses model space in a layout?
When I modify something in a particular style, do the values become retroactive or just everything thereafter.
What's the difference between modify and override dimension?

Thanks in advance for your sage advise.

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 10:41 AM

Hi David,

1. If you set height for text style and use this test style for dimension, text height cannot be changed in dimstyle.
2. You can change the text height for selected dimension in Properties bar.
3. Change the value of "Scale text" option in PARAMS dialog.
4. Sizes of arrows, dimline offsets are not relative to anything, they exist in drawing units.
5. Working in active viewport is the same with working in Model space.
6. When I modify something in a particular style, do the values become retroactive or just everything thereafter. - Depends on the object.
7. Modify Changes the options for the style selected in the list. Override Changes the options for the current dimension style.

You can read UserGuide, it explains how the program works. It can be found in Help subfolder in product folder or you can use shortcut from Start menu - NanoSoft - nanoCAD - User Guide.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users