New to Nano' - what do I need to know

newbie hints tips autoCAD

6 replies to this topic

#1 Hugh Walter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 12:22 AM

Hi, I've just downloaded NanoCAD as what I hope is the free version (I'm unemployed and a bit skint!), but invented a company because they asked me for one!

I was trained on Autodesk AutoCAD to level3-3D on AutoCAD 7, 11 & 12, with a quick look at 2013. Got the certificates, and showed some promise in 3D (very pleased with my Dalek!), but haven't really used it since 2013.

I probably won't start playing with NanoCAD until tomorrow (it's now 01:00hrs here), but would really appreciate any hints and tips from those who may have similar histories and experiences on the similarities and or pitfalls between the two software programs?

I notice I seem to have downloaded a .dwg version, so am assuming I'll be able to use or open and edit my old collage work and fun stuff, and intend to use Nano' to produce 2D logo-graphics of old companies for my Blogs, although I will play with other things!

Anyway, if anything strikes you as something I might benefit from hearing, please . . . your hints and tips!

I'll try to work through the other forum posts over the next few days and will hopefully pick some stuff up there too.

Cheers
Hugh

#2 pguimber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationFrance - Maine et Loire

Posted 11 September 2020 - 06:46 AM

Hello and welcome
Nanocad 5 = Autocad LT (ACLT)
So don't change your habits and you will be fine.

Some minor limitations compared to ACLT (I work with ACLT 13) but nothing problematic.
In 3D same variable (ucsfollow) and limits (3dface, line, polylines).

I recommend working with keyboard shortcuts to stay similar in workflow with ACLT.
For easier 3D, use Sketchup Make v17 + PconPlanner (free) to be able to transform the files (skp <=> dwg) and with SHAPE from Bricscad (free) for 3D type AC Full.

Voili voilà ! (in french)

cordially
Patrick

#3 Hugh Walter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 11:51 PM

Thanks Patrick, I've not used ACLT, but with no horrors highlighted, i suspect I'll get the hang of it!

As it happens I've only opened it once and had a quick play (taking advantage of this Indian Summer to get the garden sorted!), but it all seems pretty familiar, although I will find a few tutorials to help with the odd thing.

H

#4 Diego Arias Morales

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 04:58 PM

hello, how can I enter topographic polygon courses, I need to draw a polygon with distance units and specific angles starting from north in the clockwise direction for example distance 22.28 and angle 276.13 with respect to north. However, when entering PL @ 22.28 <276.13, enter the angle as from the east in the opposite direction to the clock hands, so it looks like an angle of 173.87 can you help me???
hello, how can I enter topographic polygon courses, I need to draw a polygon with distance units and specific angles starting from north in the clockwise direction
for example
distance 22.28 and angle 276.13 with respect to north.
However, when entering PL @ 22.28 <276.13, enter the angle as from the east in the opposite direction to the clock hands, so it looks like an angle of 173.87
can you help me???

#5 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 10:46 AM

Hi,
set the North base angle and clockwise direction in UNITS dialog.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#6 Diego Arias Morales

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 06:11 PM

Thanks, no but I don't know that I'm doing something wrong, but when configuring FORMAT> UNITS in the menu, I do it the same as in AutoCAD, being ANGLE> TYPE> DECIMAL DEGREES.
and BASE ANGLE> NORTH> CLOCKWISE

However, I enter to set a course and I cannot enter the distance and angle units well, since it always takes the following references.

0 ° = up or north
-90 ° = right or east
180 ° = down or south
90 ° = left or west.

but I need them to read like this:
0 ° = up or north
90 ° = right or east
180 ° = down or south
270 ° = left or west.

#7 pguimber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationFrance - Maine et Loire

Posted 04 October 2020 - 06:52 AM

Hello,
Turn the UCS with UCS command (X in north and Y in East) and Clockwise option in UNITS.

Cordialy
Patrick

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users