Error Opening Existing DWGs Files

3 replies to this topic

#1 Ana L. Lopez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 06:56 PM

When I try to open existing dwg files I get this error
"Unknown error. Close application, restart windows and try again. If this message appears again, contact Technical Support.
C:\....."

I had Nanocad5 and it was working perfect but then I was sent Nanocad Plus Beta to try....which I did and liked, but at the moment I am OK with Nanocad5.

After the trial time expired I tried to go back to Nanocad5 and now I have this issue.

I tried closing the application and restarting Windows. I also tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it.

Help!!

#2 Ana L. Lopez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 07:05 PM

Problem Solved - It seems that when I used Nanocad Plus it saved the files in a version of dwg that Nanocad5 can't read.

#3 Andrew Gipe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 07:42 PM

I just installed nanoCAD5 to open a single .dwg file. I get the same error. All the install and registration work and it doesn't do what it said it does, open .dwg.

#4 pguimber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationFrance - Maine et Loire

Posted 19 June 2020 - 07:50 AM

Hello,
You have to downgrade the file version using a recent version of trial Nanocad, or another, Autodesk TrueView software (including DWG TrueConvert) for example.

When using a trial version, it is better to block the file recordings in a version compatible with everyone, V13 for example.
See the settings in the software options.

Best regards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users