Can't save to Google Drive File Stream

google drive drive stream

2 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Hammond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 08:54 PM

I am trying to save my nanocad file directly into the drive letter set up by Google Drive. When I press save, nothing happens. My work around is to save to my local drive then drag and drop the file into the google drive folder. But for some reason I cannot save directly into the Drive folder.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:25 AM

nanoCAD doesn't work with virtual drives. Please, save your file on PC, then copy it to the virtual drive.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#3 PEC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 09:46 PM

I have the same issue. I tried marking the folder as "Available Offline". I also tried disconnecting from an internet connection which should force the application to use the offline cached copy of the file. Neither of those helped with NanoCad.

I have one other software app I have discovered (so far) that was not even able to open its files when marked "available offline" when I was actually online. So, it isn't just NanoCad software that has issues with Google Drive FIle Stream.

For NanoCad operations I will continue to only work with files that are copied to a normal file structure on a local physical drive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users