←  Technical Questions

nanoCAD forum

»

Architectural Dimensioning

43Mike43's Photo 43Mike43 02 Feb 2019

So, I have a set of preset dimension styles from a drawing template in Autocad, which I've been using since 1985. I do house plans on the side to earn extra money. I have the template set in Nanocad and works fine for view ports set at architectural scales, ie 1/8", 1/4", 1/2" etc. using the Inspector variables. I can't seem to work out the dim styles to do associative dimensions with those view ports in paper space. I get the paper space dimensions instead. I'm seeing a lot of talk about setting the scale for the dim styles in the lower right corner of the screen, but mine are defaulting to scales like 1:1, 1:2, 1:10, 1:50 and so on. Can this be changed to work with architectural scaling? Or, am I trying to set the scale in the wrong place to work with the views in paper space? Thanks in advance!

Yannis's Photo Yannis 09 Feb 2019

I am not exactly sure what is your need, but there is a "save as template" option and at the options you can have a custom template you have created, to be used on new files/ drawings.
I would go make some dimention styles naming them 1:1, 1:5, etc, maybe some other variables (I sometimes need dims with lines and dims without lines in the same drawing), and go save my file as template.

Unless you want the same dimention as object, scaling with your printing scale, I am not sure what the issue is.