Some thoughts and some questions

5 replies to this topic

#1 gcu.gr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:45 PM

Hello all. I recently downloaded the nanoCAD Plus to try it and to compare it with AutoCAD LT.
I have used it for about an hour to check if functions I use in everyday AutoCAD really work on the program. I can say that I am amazed of how the developers made such an effort! The program has minor differences in AutoCAD and if someone is using it for 2D drafting then it can replace the expensive and overestimated AutoCAD.

Some points I would like to talk about and some questions I want to make:
1) I miss the command shortcuts inside commands. To explain myself: Let's say we are in polyline command and we want to close the plolyline. Is there any other way than to click with the mouse on command line the Close? Because bressing "C" doesn't work (or am I doing something wrong here?)
2)I miss some of the most common Express tools. These are: EXTRIM, TORIENT, OVERKILL.
3)There is no Fence selection. Only rectangular?
4)Is there any way to import vector pdf as vector? (Like AutoCAD 2017)
5)I miss filter command (there must be something but I cannot find it)
6)Is there anyway to show commands on the dynamic input instead on the command line?
7)There is no option to make an arc-> convert to line or the opposite, when you are in the polyline command.
8)Autolisp has some bugs. For example: I wrote a small script to import points from a txt file. There is a while loop. In AutoCAD it works like a charm, In nanoCAD it stops on the first loop. (I can write the script bellow if it needed).

There are the only things I found not working, until now. I would be great-full if I could receive some answers on these.

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:17 AM

Hi,
thank you for your interest in nanoCAD Plus!

1. Shortcuts in drawing commands work, in nanoCAD Plus 8 you should disable dynamic input (DYN in the Status Bar). We added dynamic input only an this version, it need some improvement, we are working on it now.
2. There no EXTRIM (use Trim or Smarttrim), no TORIENT. There is an analog of OVERKILL - DeleteDuplicates.
3. Only rectangular.
4. No, this option will be available in the future version (nanoCAD Plus 9)
5. There is command like Filter - Quick Selection (QS).
6. No way.
7. You can convert objects to polylines by several ways:
- use EXPLODEGEOMETRY command
- call PEDIT command (edit polyline) - select the desired object - select Yes in command line.
8. Please, contact Developers' Club with LISP questions: developer.nanocad.com
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#3 gcu.gr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:35 PM

Thank you for your reply Hellen_V. For my 7th question you may not understood it. Let's assume I have a polyline that is made from line sectors and some arcs. (In autocad if you press a while in polyline command then you will be drawing arcs, and if you press after arcs the L then you will return to lines). So, if you finished drawing your polynine that includes some arc sectors, then you can go over the arc section and it will show you something that says: convert arc to line, or something like remove vector point (to remove a vector point of the polyline). So I would like to know if there's something similar with the nanoCAD. Thank you in advance!

#4 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:01 AM

Thanks for explaining. If I understand correctly, you mean context menu, that appears when polyline is selected and you hover the cursor to one of vertexes?
It works in nanoCAD without context menu: select a polyline, click on a vertex and then press CTRL several times - special symbols appear:
Attached Image: grips.jpg
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#5 Kreator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationKrasnodar, Russia

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:24 AM

View PostHellen_V, on 29 March 2017 - 07:01 AM, said:

...click on a vertex and then press CTRL several times - special symbols appear
This also works on many other objects' vertices - very handy feature.

#6 gcu.gr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:16 PM

Nice!!!Thank you very much!It is works nice!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users