How does the installation of the network version?

network version

11 replies to this topic

#1 Fabrizio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:51 PM

I would like to know how to install the network version of nanoCAD Plus, and if you can install the software on more than one computer.

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:36 AM

Hello Fabrizio,

nanoCAD Plus with network license may be installed on any number of PCs in one network, but no more than number of paid PCs will be able to start nanoCAD Plus at the same time.

Network licensing consists of two steps:
License server setup (LicServSetup.exe)
nanoCAD setup (RegWizard.exe)
First download the License Server from your personal cabinet in nanoCAD web-site. Run LicServSetup.exe and requested the license file online or by email:
Attached Image: 1454065391732.png
Then make sure that the server service is running: run LicServSetup.exe and press Next.
Attached Image: 2.PNG
Now you need to connect nanoCAD to this server.
Please run the Registration Wizard with the shortcut or directly "c:\Program Files (x86)\Nanosoft\nanoCAD Plus en 8.0\RegWizard.exe" and choose "Connect to License Server" option, then specify the name of your server.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#3 Felix Acosta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:57 PM

Recently I bought a four seat network license. By mistake I installed the license server in my PC. What I would like to know is, how can it be remove and install it again in a Window Server R8.

Thanks in advance,

Felix J. Acosta E.

#4 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:08 PM

answered from Support Center.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#5 Fabrizio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 October 2016 - 03:29 PM

The software resides in the stations and contacts the server for the license check or all the software resides on the server?

#6 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:54 PM

View PostFabrizio, on 12 October 2016 - 03:29 PM, said:

The software resides in the stations and contacts the server for the license check or all the software resides on the server?
you install nanoCAD on every PC which will use it, and License Server to one of these PCs. Then use Registration Wizard to connect nanoCADs with license server.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#7 Fabrizio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:48 PM

Thanks!

#8 Fabrizio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 October 2016 - 09:09 AM

Hellen excuse me, but when an Italian and a Russian talking to each other in English some misunderstanding is possible :) , and I'm not very smart :unsure: .
There is a contradiction between the two sentences you wrote:

1) nanoCAD Plus with network license may be installed on any number of PCs in one network, but no more than number of paid PCs will be able to start nanoCAD Plus at the same time.

2) you install nanoCAD on every PC which will use it, and License Server to one of these PCs. Then use Registration Wizard to connect nanoCADs with license server.

By purchasing the network license is a limitation to the number of PCs connected to the network?
With network license you can not install the software on an unlimited number of PCs connected to the network?

#9 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:54 AM

Fabrizio,
there is no limits with installation. It is possible to install nanoCAD on any number of PCs connected to the network.
But you can run at the same time on the number of paid licenses.
For example, you have 20 PCs in the network and purchase network licenses. At this case you can install nanoCAD on all 20 PCs. And run nanoCAD on any 5 of them at the same time.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#10 Fabrizio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:32 AM

By purchasing a network license (220 or 660 $) as there are the number of paid licenses?
5? Did I get it right?
And where is it written?

#11 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:38 PM

$220 is price for one network license for one year.
$660 is price for one network license for three years (the license is permanent, update is free during 3 years).
If customer needs more licenses in one network - he should specify it:
Attached Image: 21-10-2016 15-37-56.jpg
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#12 Fabrizio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:57 PM

Then it makes no sense to buy a single network license if you can only use it on a computer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users