When Layout in Plot Area is selected

Print Problems

4 replies to this topic

#1 KYLE KIRSHMAN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 06:19 PM

When the "Layout" is selected in paper space for the Plot Area in the Print Dialog box, nothing will plot. If I choose extents, it will print, but not to scale. I have a Canon iPF785.

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:45 AM

Hello Kyle,

what version of nanoCAD do you use?
I can't repeat your problem.
So check that you select correctly paper size and scale, and your drawing does not go beyond a sheet.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#3 FChandler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:56 PM

I have a similar issue. When in the plot dialog and I select layout, the drawing does not fit on the page. If I set it to Extents, and have a rectangle drawn representing the page, it will scale properly. Of the attached "...plotarea1.png" shows what I get and more closely to the desired. The red arrow and box shows what is plotted if the plot is set to Layout. Attached image "...plotarea2.png" shows what I get if using Layout instead of Extents.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: NanoCADplotarea1.png
  • Attached Image: NanoCADplotarea2.png

#4 FChandler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:19 AM

When printing with Layout as print area, if I set the plot scale to 0.0395 inches = 1, the plot preview shows and prints the desired plot as in the previously attached uploaded "...plotarea1.png". But when I go back to the layout, my veiwport is a tiny little window in the left bottom corner.

#5 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:41 AM

View PostFChandler, on 06 December 2017 - 12:19 AM, said:

When printing with Layout as print area, if I set the plot scale to 0.0395 inches = 1, the plot preview shows and prints the desired plot as in the previously attached uploaded "...plotarea1.png". But when I go back to the layout, my veiwport is a tiny little window in the left bottom corner.
Hello,
please, send me the file that you are trying to plot. You can attach it here or send to Support Center support@nanocad.com.
What version of nanoCAD do you use?
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users