←  nanoCAD forum

nanoCAD forum

»

Administrator restrictions

Macieyo16's Photo Macieyo16 15 Apr 2014

Hi,
I have a problem with activating nanocad 5. Is there a way to activate program on a computer without admin priviliges?

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 15 Apr 2014

Hello Macieyo,

Try to request license file by e-mail, then save in any convenient location. Then run RegWizard again and activate license file manually.

License file is automatically saved in C:\ProgramData\Nanosoft\RegWizard\Licenses. If you don't have permission to this path, you can change it.
Run Regedit, find there HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FLEXlm License Manager and change the path for NANOSOFT_LICENSE_FILE.

Macieyo16's Photo Macieyo16 15 Apr 2014

The problem is that RegWizard won't start, it needs admin rights.
If i activate program on another computer i still can't use activation files on this one because it's connected to hardware (i've read it somewhere), am I right?

Thanks for answering.

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 16 Apr 2014

Please send Volume Serial Number of drive C (run cmd.exe on your computer, write "dir c", enter), we will gererate the license for you.

Macieyo16's Photo Macieyo16 16 Apr 2014

Thank You Hellen_Ch, everything is working fine except few lisp rutines. I get error:

error: ActiveX Server returned an error: Unregistered library.

SevaM's Photo SevaM 17 Apr 2014

Hello,

in nanoCAD ver 5.0 not full list of LISP functions was implemented. Could you send dsmple of yor LISP. Also, you can try ver 6.0 Beta, it better support LISP.

Best regards,
Seva.

Macieyo16's Photo Macieyo16 17 Apr 2014

I've tried to use lisp on computer that I could install nanocad normally, few of them worked (I mostly use lisps from Lee Mac site) like total area or lenght of objects, but for example lisp for adding vertex to polyline didn't. I'm aware that ncad is still under development so not all functions are available ATM, but it looks really great as it is now :)

On computer that i've got error mentioned before I copied program files and added license file manually so I asume that it doesn't have needed files in windows folder.