←  Technical Questions

nanoCAD forum

»

big problem with "inquiry"-----...

olaf4's Photo olaf4 26 Apr 2013

I have problem with AREA (inquiry), when i press "area" or "complex area" in "inquiry menu" my nanocad freeze and i have to restart nanocad.

Now i have nanocad 4.5, but i found this problem even in nanocad 3.5

My operative system is windows 8

How could i resolve this problem? thank u

SevaM's Photo SevaM 29 Apr 2013

Hello,
could you send a sample of your drawing? Inqiury command is quite a slow one, if you have a lot of objects in your drawing - in can starts slowly.

Bas van den Bosch's Photo Bas van den Bosch 28 Jun 2013

I've got the same issue on winxp... attached is the drawing...

gr

Bas

Attached Files

• Attached File  351.dwg (103.43K)
    downloads: 58

SevaM's Photo SevaM 18 Jul 2013

Hello,

reproduced. Problem was with Solids - try to remove it from this drawing and AREA will works. I had put it to our BugBase to fix in future versions.

Tomasz's Photo Tomasz 23 Jul 2015

still broken

x64 Plus 7

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 24 Jul 2015

View PostTomasz, on 23 July 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

still broken

x64 Plus 7

Hello,
I can't repeat this problem on attached file from #3.
Can you send me problem file?
What OS do you use?

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 27 Jul 2015

Hi Thomas
first, your files have errors. To fix them, unlock, unfreeze and on all layers. Then use instruments from File - drawing utilities: Audit, Audit Geometry (z-coordinates and hatches), Purge. Then select all objects (crtl+A) and use FLATTEN.
Save file as.
Second, you can use CAREA function, it works more quick than Area from Inquire.

Yannis's Photo Yannis 28 Apr 2021

Hello
I believe that the tool has a bug, as follows:
when I click the command, it tries to render all areas the cursor goes through, from the location of the button to the area I need to measure. That is too much for the GPU because there are more than one areas met by the cursor on the move.
It should work like the hatch command and wait until I click the area I want to measure.

The visuals (solid hatch I see on all those surfaces) meant to be helpful, I guess, not to click on different areas, but is it possible to disable them and just get the numbers without rendering a hatch in the areas?

I use Windows 10 64x and I have NanoCAD plus 20

edit
my workaround of the bug, is to create close polylines or hatch the areas and click on them to see their properties. not the best method, but still 4-5 times faster than the inquiry at the current state. I would like to see the inquiry use the coding of hatches or some earlier version of the tool, that tracks the borders of the area I click inside and doesn't do this for all areas on my screen, as my pointer moves.

Francisco Martins's Photo Francisco Martins 06 Apr 2022

Hello,
I am having the same problem here. Every time I click Inquiry (any options e.g. area, perimeter, etc) NanoCad crashes.
The file I am working with was exported from Solid Works. Curiously, other CAD software will open it and calculate area (Intellicad, DoubleCad).

Any suggestions?

Artemio's Photo Artemio 06 Apr 2022

Can you attach your file here (if it's not larger than 500kb)?
And what version of NanoCAD do you use?