Dimensioning

8 replies to this topic

#1 rick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

How do I get the dimensions to go onto our default dimension layer and not automatically on the Nanocad dimension layer?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have managed to solve this problem, but I have another. How do you make dimensioning to be annotative by default?
Can somebody provide the answer please?

Edited by rick, 29 March 2012 - 08:08 AM.

#2 Arun Talukdar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

Hello! Colud you please explain more about "annotative dimensioning". are you asking tolerances/custom text etc to be put automatically (after setting something) during dimensioning?
Regards,
Arun

#3 Paul Marx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

If anyone else is interested:

Tools
Setting Parameters
Symbols → Dimensions
Layer (Choose the layer you want)

#4 Christos Symeon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 10:00 AM

View PostPaul Marx, on 02 March 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

If anyone else is interested:

Tools
Setting Parameters
Symbols → Dimensions
Layer (Choose the layer you want)
In NanoCAD20 I can't find "Settings Parameters" . I wasn't able to locate how to change the dimensions' layer.
exés
ARCHITECTURE

#5 Christos Symeon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 10:07 AM

View PostArun Talukdar, on 03 April 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

Hello! Colud you please explain more about "annotative dimensioning". are you asking tolerances/custom text etc to be put automatically (after setting something) during dimensioning?
Annotative symbols (blocks, dimensions, hatches) are annotation symbols that have multiple representations according to the drawing scale.
For example: you may want a dimension that appears in a general plan scale at 1/50 scale to also appear in a larger scale detail at 1/20 scale. If the annotative option works (as it does in AutoCAD and Draftsight, it does not in NanoCAD) you do not need to add dimensions at a separate layer and manipulate layers on/off according to plot scale. Instead the SAME dimension can have multiple representations according to the scale of the viewport. Not only will the size of the dimension symbols be adjusted ( in 1/20 scale the size of symbols is 2/5 that of the symbols in 1/50... etc) but also for dimensions you can set the dimension line, text, etc in different locations - and it still is ONE, the same dimension.
It is a very important feature for annotating drawings easily that is missing in NanoCAD.

I have added this to Wishlist for developers, View here and support
exés
ARCHITECTURE

#6 pguimber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationFrance - Maine et Loire

Posted 28 August 2020 - 12:35 PM

Hello,
no annotative functions in NC.

Maybe NC 20.... or future

#7 Christos Symeon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 08:25 AM

View Postpguimber, on 28 August 2020 - 12:35 PM, said:

Maybe NC 20....
Not available in NC 20! just viewing them properly for compatibility, no editing/manipulating/creating
exés
ARCHITECTURE

#8 pguimber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationFrance - Maine et Loire

Posted 31 August 2020 - 10:07 AM

basic but compatible or advanced and incompatible!
that is the question !
I chose for a long time ....

#9 Aaron Semeniuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 01:33 AM

I'm having similar problems, or I figured out how to stop it from creating its own layer dimension with the Settings parameter menu. Meaning setting it to current layer vs new. The other issue and I have seen this in a few posts is the dimension style override that the program forces.

If I open up the program, select new document, click dimension styles - the standard style is is automatically overridden. The comparison is standard global scale of 100 vs override global scale of 1. I have played around with setting parameters and set the drawing scale to 1.0 and saved to the config file. But!! - It never changes no matter what I do. But what I don't understand is this - If I create a new dimension style with the units how I would like them displayed on the drawing vs the standard, it reverts back to standard. The only way I can change the said dimension to how I would like it to appear is by manually deleting the text override field in the inspector. Very frustrating. The plus or pro version this issue is non-existent.

I would like the dimensions to appear like this -

10.125" [10 1/8]

for linear and radius/diameter.

Again it doesn't matter what I do, the program overrides everything. I have to manually go to the inspector for each dimension and delete the text override field.

Is there is a setting that I am missing?

Even if I modify the standard, it doesn't reflect it.

As soon as I enter a suffix of " for the first unit of the style I created...it reverts back to standard style with no suffix (override).

Why is this happening? What am I not doing? Again this does not happen in the plus or pro version. Nor does this kind of thing happen in Autocad or Draftsight (we use this software at work...nanocad free is my practice for work but I can't practice dimensioning or create my own drawings how I would see fit with this issue).

Any insight or setting I am unaware of would be appreciated.

Working with imperial units of measurement vs metric. Perhaps this is the issue. Are there settings I should change upon opening a file to reflect using imperial units?

There must be something I am missing in the basics of the set up. Again...nanocad plus or pro (currently using free trial now) no issues, and in Autocad no issues with this.

Thanks anyone who can take the time to explain things to me I just don't get.

Aaron

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users