←  nanoCAD forum

nanoCAD forum

»

Error Opening Existing DWGs Files

Ana L. Lopez's Photo Ana L. Lopez 08 Jun 2020

When I try to open existing dwg files I get this error
"Unknown error. Close application, restart windows and try again. If this message appears again, contact Technical Support.
C:\....."

I had Nanocad5 and it was working perfect but then I was sent Nanocad Plus Beta to try....which I did and liked, but at the moment I am OK with Nanocad5.

After the trial time expired I tried to go back to Nanocad5 and now I have this issue.

I tried closing the application and restarting Windows. I also tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it.

Help!!

Ana L. Lopez's Photo Ana L. Lopez 08 Jun 2020

Problem Solved - It seems that when I used Nanocad Plus it saved the files in a version of dwg that Nanocad5 can't read.

Andrew Gipe's Photo Andrew Gipe 18 Jun 2020

I just installed nanoCAD5 to open a single .dwg file. I get the same error. All the install and registration work and it doesn't do what it said it does, open .dwg.

pguimber's Photo pguimber 19 Jun 2020

Hello,
You have to downgrade the file version using a recent version of trial Nanocad, or another, Autodesk TrueView software (including DWG TrueConvert) for example.

When using a trial version, it is better to block the file recordings in a version compatible with everyone, V13 for example.
See the settings in the software options.

Best regards