←  Technical Questions

nanoCAD forum

»

plot text

ginevra's Photo ginevra 19 May 2020

Hi you all,

I have a question about a strange behaviour of nanocad. It never happened before. It regards only the text.

In the paper space, I can't plot new text insertions: it is not important if I copy some existing text that the plot "sees", or if I create a new one. Nothing, it is invisible.
Previous and new lines/object are displayed and plotted.

The layer is "plottable". I used purge - audit... nothing. The color is visible. Internal/Adobe/Personal plotters, nothing changes.

What is the problem?

Thank you in advance

Best
V

pguimber's Photo pguimber 20 May 2020

Hello,
a file for see the problem ?

alfred0809's Photo alfred0809 20 May 2020

Lots of characters die. Ned Stark is the only westeros character from season one which makes it to the finale alive. vidmate download vidmate app vidmateapp.win

pguimber's Photo pguimber 20 May 2020

View Postalfred0809, on 20 May 2020 - 12:15 PM, said:

Lots of characters die. Ned Stark is the only westeros character from season one which makes it to the finale alive.

And ?.... english humour ?

ginevra's Photo ginevra 06 Jun 2020

here you have the file, it happened again

https://www.dropbox....XAMPLE.dwg?dl=0

Kreator's Photo Kreator 08 Jun 2020

Hi.
What action you perform, what you expect to see and what happens actually?
Placing new text and don't see it plotted? Change current layer to another. The current layer _NO_PLOT is unplottable.

pguimber's Photo pguimber 08 Jun 2020

Hello,
in this dwg, the text box is an OLE object.
This technique of Object Link Embeded has always been a source of problem and very dependent on software related to the object in question. For 30 years I have never seen that it works without problems.

In my opinion it is a mistake to trust these finicky tools. A simple copy and paste of text is much more reliable.
Best regards
Patrick

ginevra's Photo ginevra 09 Jun 2020

first of all thank you both.

The strange behaviour is, yes, that when I click PLOT, the new added text is not plotted.

So... I copy currently plottable text... Nothing.
I try then with MTEXT. Nothing.
I explode it. Nothing.

I click audit, purge. Nothing.
Flatten. Nothing.

I know No_plot behaviour, I created by myself, so I am careful on its use.

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 09 Jun 2020

Hi,
if the drawing file contains OLE object - delete it and insert as raster image. Version 11 cannot plot such files correctly, this bug is fixed in new verison. Plus 20 will be released in a few days.

pguimber's Photo pguimber 09 Jun 2020

Hello,
in my PC (office)
in the paper space A3-2
Text in layer NO_PLOT is not print in the pdf (Foxit reader Pdf Printer)
And in other layer (VL_TXT) it's printed...

Strange !

Kreator's Photo Kreator 10 Jun 2020

Text in layer NO_PLOT is not print in the pdf (Foxit reader Pdf Printer)
And in other layer (VL_TXT) it's printed...

Strange !

The current layer _NO_PLOT is unplottable.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image

ginevra's Photo ginevra 10 Jun 2020

Hi!
First, thank you again. I noticed that the text inside the MTEXT was in No_Plot layer (while the whole string was on another layer).
But I remember that I did multiple tests, and indeed I tryed with a new Mtext (with 0 layer) and it happened again

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

the file is here https://www.dropbox....XAMPLE.dwg?dl=0

Kreator's Photo Kreator 11 Jun 2020

View Postginevra, on 10 June 2020 - 03:49 PM, said:

Hi!
First, thank you again. I noticed that the text inside the MTEXT was in No_Plot layer (while the whole string was on another layer).
Welcome :)
But text inside MTEXT can't be on another layer. MTEXT is just a single object, not like block or smth.

pguimber's Photo pguimber 13 Jun 2020

Hello,
in my pc and NC5.0 no problem with MTEXT...

ginevra's Photo ginevra 25 Sep 2020

hi you all!

believe me or not, it happened again. This time I noticed one thing... what makes the plot "forget" some texts... is the presence of an OLE object. An MS Excel table in this case. When I move that outside the plot area, it plots everything.

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 25 Sep 2020

View Postginevra, on 25 September 2020 - 08:45 AM, said:

hi you all!

believe me or not, it happened again. This time I noticed one thing... what makes the plot "forget" some texts... is the presence of an OLE object. An MS Excel table in this case. When I move that outside the plot area, it plots everything.

Hi,
switch to nanoCAD Plus 20.