←  nanoCAD forum

nanoCAD forum

»

random change of Z coordinate

Vic Phillips's Photo Vic Phillips 19 May 2020

I am a 30 year+ user of AutoCAD, and recently DL'ed nanoCAD Free for occasional home use, in making simple 2D plans for woodworking projects. It's very familiar in most respects, but I I have run into a problem that is causing much trouble. It seems that random drawing objects will change the Z coordinate by a huge factor, for no apparent reason. It just isn't possible to do this in error, or unknowingly. As close as I can determine, it happens most frequently with closed polylines created with the RECTANGLE command. I am on the World UCS ins Model space, and no matter how carefully I create these rectangles, confirming that all vertices are on "0" elevation, if I copy, rotate or simply move the rectangle, the Z coordinate will change, by as much as 4000 dwg units. This also happens more randomly with single lines, and only on one endpoint. With any drawing element, If I access the properties and manually change the elevation back to "0," the whole object just disappears.
Is the installation corrupted? Is there some bug? Any help would be welcome!

pguimber's Photo pguimber 20 May 2020

Hello,
a file for see the problem ?

Cordialy
Patrick

Vic Phillips's Photo Vic Phillips 21 May 2020

This one. Simple 2d layout, for my build use, not for presentation.

Vic Phillips's Photo Vic Phillips 21 May 2020

Sorry. Try again.

Attached Files

pguimber's Photo pguimber 22 May 2020

Hello Vic,
Sorry, not possible to reproduce the bug on my computer :unsure: .
Idon't see where is the bug

When this problem occurs, a regeneration of the drawing gives what

A file with objects that have changed Z?
to see if this change is saved and if it allows me to see this problem: "If I access the properties and manually change the elevation back to "0," the whole object just disappears."

Best regards
Patrick

Vic Phillips's Photo Vic Phillips 27 May 2020

Nothing happens when I regen. This issue is not happening accidentally; it takes a bit of effort to change Z coordinates.

pguimber's Photo pguimber 28 May 2020

Hello,
When I look at the drawing in 3D (shift+mouse wheel), indeed there are entities in many Z.

So when we draw with rectangles, polyline, circles and hang on an object with a Z, it is positioned on the Z of the clicked object. This is normal. A polyline stalls on the starting z. A single line can "navigate" through the Z.

But why Z in this drawing? often this happens when drawing using a file that already has Z's like a topographer's drawing, for example.
When it is the case it is necessary to flatten the drawing to avoid being "polluted" his work by unwanted Z.

Does this happen in a new blank file?
cordially
Patrick

pguimber's Photo pguimber 28 May 2020

To flatten the drawing simply, select the entire drawing and in the properties, filter the object types then set the Z or the elevations to 0