←  Wishlist

nanoCAD forum

»

my whishlist

ginevra's Photo ginevra 25 Mar 2020

Hi you all,

I would appreciate a lot the following things, hope you appreciate my contribute:
  • I would like to see the preview of my ctb applied, while I am not working on paper. Now I view the colors of the layers (please please please!)
  • possibility to edit with grips any hatch, not only those created without association (I was becoming crazy on understanding why some weren't editable and others yes)
  • possibility to drag an image - as for example jpeg - into the model space or paper space
  • a better compatibility with pdf. It happens very often that I have to import a pdf and I have to trace the contours
  • an internal plotter with no errors, to avoid installations of other plugins
  • the plot window never remembers my last setting
  • possibility to choose to have the "selection window" or not, when selecting an object too close among others
  • use space bar (not only ENTER) to give the ok in the command tool
  • letting select the first letter for the command of a sub-menu. Example: I write scale. I want to select the Reference. And I would like to press R with the keyboard to select without moving my mouse to the command tool and click Reference
  • a better window dedicated to Text styles
  • ONLY 20 VERSION: if I am in Ortho mode, it is strange to stretch something and have to be careful about the alignment of the mouse. Stretch doesn't read the ortho command
  • labels of workspaces: it would be great to rename them, move them and so on directly clicking and writing there. Without having to write on the command-space.
I appreciated these introductions:
  • the grip menu while passing over them
  • the possibility to delete all the object within a layer. GREAT
I will update this post while I work and I think about new things. I hope the contribute is appreciated!

Thank you for your work

best
V

ginevra's Photo ginevra 06 Apr 2020

some updates!

ginevra's Photo ginevra 22 Apr 2020

something (a button, a property option?) which permits to transform a line into polyline

ginevra's Photo ginevra 05 May 2020

the fillet error - due to line in different planes - is a little bit making me crazy. It happens very often, and very often it is not enough to select the lines and put elevation to 0. I have to do it like 5/6 times, and sometimes it is not useful anyway - it is faster to draw again the line.

I always draw in 2d, how is it possible to avoid this continuous error?

Kreator's Photo Kreator 05 May 2020

Do you draw in empty file, or take some base drawing? Basic drawing can have nonzero based lines/dots/something else, and you can snap to them.

ginevra's Photo ginevra 06 May 2020

Hi Kreator,
yes you are right, probably I am snapping to something that I don't know it is on another level. I manually tried to put to 0 everything, but evidently something is still missing - and above all, I don't know why certain lines do not accept immediately the manual input and I have to write it many times in the properties.

So my wish, it is a more clement button/command, which apply everything to 0, avoiding this frustration.

Kreator's Photo Kreator 07 May 2020

Try FLATTEN.

ginevra's Photo ginevra 07 May 2020

thank you so much!

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 09 Jun 2020

Hi,
  • an internal plotter with no errors, to avoid installations of other plugins - what is your problem with current external PDF printers?
  • possibility to choose to have the "selection window" or not, when selecting an object too close among other - it is possible
  • use space bar (not only ENTER) to give the ok in the command tool - it works in command line
  • letting select the first letter for the command of a sub-menu. Example: I write scale. I want to select the Reference. And I would like to press R with the keyboard to select without moving my mouse to the command tool and click Reference - will be in release

ginevra's Photo ginevra 10 Jun 2020

hi Hellen, thank you very much for your reply.

I answer to yours:
- what is your problem with current external PDF printers?: freeware resources have a lot of popups, ads and some others "forget" the folder destination... each operation becomes longer/annoying. It is a pity
- I am very ignorant about the second, I don't know how.
- it works in command line - yes not while drawing
- great!!

I know I post a lot, but since I really like this software and its development, I hope it is clear that from my side, giving feedback or telling my experience it is a way to contribute to it (and of course obtain the best from my own work).

thank you!

Hellen_V's Photo Hellen_V 15 Jun 2020

- what is your problem with current external PDF printers?: freeware resources have a lot of popups, ads and some others "forget" the folder destination... each operation becomes longer/annoying. It is a pity - did you use Internal PDF printer or Print to PDF?
- I am very ignorant about the second, I don't know how -
Attached Image

ginevra's Photo ginevra 16 Jun 2020

thank you so much!

About the first, Internal plotter doesn't work properly with my fonts
http://forum.nanocad...__fromsearch__1
And Microsoft one does not read the correct weight of lines. That's why the external

V