Unable to change lineweight default setting (Nanocad 5)

lwdefault settings

4 replies to this topic

#1 n6bhz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:26 PM

I'm trying to change the lineweight default setting from 25mm to 20mm but when I close Nanocad it reverts back to 25mm everytime. I have tried changing the setting via Lineweight settings window box as well as via command line 'lwdefault'. Nothing saves when the program it reopened.

I tried to manually edit the registry setting of 'lwdefault' but was unable to locate the key, this is what some Autocad users have reported they had to do to change the default.

I could manually change all the lineweights in layers or manually change all the settings in plot styles but both options would take an extraordinary amount of time & are not the ideal solution to simply changing the default.

thanks,
n6bhz

#2 Kreator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationKrasnodar, Russia

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:48 PM

Hi.
You should change these settings in defauld template file. By default, it's located in C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Nanosoft\nanoCAD 5.1\Templates\Default.dwt.

#3 n6bhz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:07 PM

Hi,

I've tried this a few times. I changed the global lineweight to 20mm, saved the template file (Default), closed Nanocad & reopened and it returns to 25mm for some reason.

I am using Nanocad 5.0 as that is the newest version available on the website. Is Nanocad 5.1 available officially from Nanocad?

#4 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:19 PM

Hi,
are you sure that you save the template file it dxf format?
nanoCAD 5.1 is Russian version. nanoCAD 5.0 is almost the same but in English.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#5 n6bhz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:11 PM

I tried .dwg .dwt & .dxf file extensions to save the lineweight changes. For some reason it gets reset everytime Nanocad is re-opened to 25mm lineweight.

Under lineweight settings, Current Lineweight, Units for Listing, and Display Lineweight retain their settings but Default Lineweight & Adjust Display Scale do not.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users