customization plot PDF print

4 replies to this topic

#1 Contix71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

Hi,
I have a problem with the customization of the plot: I want to print my document in PDF (using a virtual printer like PDF Creator) with my own dimensions. But after creating the post script file with my size, the nanocad summary screen gives me every time the size of an A4 sheet! I tried in every way, but it seems that the customized post script file size is not recognized.

Anyway, how can I customize the area to print in PDF?

#2 SevaM

Admin

• Administrators
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

Hi!

I had answered by mail, but also put copy here:

I am using Bullzip PDF Printer Freeware Edition, not PDF Creater - and PDF size is the same as I set in Page settings.

For example, I load some drawing and go to Page Setup, the change size to DIN L2 ( 17.72x24.61 in )
Attached Image: pdf1.jpg

Then go to Plot command, see correct size
Attached Image: pdf2.jpg
Press Plot button, create PDF file. Then, if I open this file in Adobe PDF Reader - I can check page size
Attached Image: pdf3.jpg

And Page size is exactly the same, as in Page Setup.

Make be it's behavior of PDF Creator or some settings like Scale were incorrect? Can you make screenshot of Page Setup and Plot screens? I'll try to download PDF Creator and check with it.

Best regards,
Seva

#3 Contix71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

Thank you for the answer! :) I don't know if the behavior of PDF Creator is wrong: with any other software (even AutoCAD) it works fine. Anyway, this is the first screenshot: as you can see, I choose PDF creator as printer and I get the customization window, where I choose MY size (red arrow).

Posted Image

but when I press "ok", anytime a window appears with the WRONG size (red arrow and underline):

Posted Image

So, I can't print with the size I've chose

I'll try Bullzip PDF Printer, But if you find what's wrong with PDF creator, you do me a favor.

Thanks again in advance! :)

EDIT: I've discovered that with Bullzip PDF Printer is exactly the same thing.....you can choice ONLY the default sizes, but the postScript customization don't works in any case.

#4 Contix71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

No answers?
The problem is not solved. There is no chance to print in PDF with PostScript customization.

Can I know, at least, if this is a bug to fix for the next NanoCAD version and if there is an alternative to print in PDF?

#5 SevaM

Admin

• Administrators
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

Hello,

Sorry for delay - we were lunching nuw local version.

I had found PDF Creator and reproduce problem. Program asked driver ( in your case PDF Creator ) about maximum size and if it's bigger then paper size - reset it to default. One of workarounds - you can create custom paper size in Options - Paper - Add and use it. But for PDF Creator maximum size still will be about 93 inches.

We are developing internal PDF Printer and it can print any custom size. This version is not released yet, but probably will be available ( sorry, but already in beta-2 stage version 4.0 still doesn contains it).

Best regards,
Seva.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users