Dimensioning & Scales

dimensions scales

5 replies to this topic

#1 Geoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

If I create an object (say a simple rectangle) in model space (200 mm x 100mm), then I create layout with a single viewport on an A3 sheet then I can start dimensioing the object. Inside model space (mspace) I can resize (by zooming) the object to fit by view port, but the dimensions value is not correct - it changes depending on the size of the object in the viewport. I would expect the dimensions would be 100 x 200.

If I set the viewport scale to say 1:10, then it seems that I also need to set the Measurement scale also to 1:10 to get the correct value for the dimension. Is this the correct way of achieving what should be an obvious requirement? I think I am missing something. For example if I want the viewport scale to be 1:0.3333, how do I set the dimensions scale to match this? I would have thought that if the scale for a viewport is set then this would apply to the drawing within that viewport.

On a related issue, on a layout sheet I can switch to model space by using the mspace command, or <double> clicking inside a viewport. When I switch to model space - the edge of the view port is shown as a thick line, but when switching back, the thick border line does not change. I have to switch to another layout then back again to get rid of it! Is this a bug?

thanks

Geoff

#2 SevaM

Admin

• Administrators
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hello!

No, it's not correct dimensions behavior. It was reported by our testers few month ago and should be fixed - dimensions mast show correct value from model space.

Second issues is also bug. Try to use Regen command or button to get rid thick line.

Thank you for your message,

Best regards,
Seva.

#3 Geoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

Thankyou for the feedback, on a related matter. In the Inspector we can select from a set of standard scales (1:1:, 1:2, etc) or specifiy a Custom scale. From the Scale button (bottom right) where we can set the Symbol or Measurement scale there is only a set of standard scales. Some questions:
(1) The two sets of standard scales are not identical. This means that it is possible to select a scale from the Inspector and may not be able to set it as the measurement Scale. Could these two sets of standard scales be made indentical?
(2) Alternatively, is there, or can there be, an option for a Custom scale for the Symbol and Measurement scale list?
(3) In paper space, if you select the ViewPort the TakeFromSelection option does not appear to do what it should, ie take the scale from the selection (i.e the viewport) and set this as the current measurement scale.

thanks

Geoff

#4 stevenrichings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

Will the scale issue be fixed in the upcoming full version (4.5)? It doesn't appear to have been in the Beta version.
Not being able to automatically associate the dimension scale with the viewport scale is a real issue and can be timeconsuming to sort out. Also, as above, some measurement scales are not available (i.e. do not match with the viewport scales) and there doesn't seem to be an option to choose a user defined one. Amy ideas if I am missing something?

Thanks
Steve

#5 Steven Spies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Has there been a solution to this. I am new to nanocad & until this issue have been enjoying using it greatly. I cannot continue to use the programme if I cant dimension in the layout view to the same scale as the viewport.

#6 SevaM

Admin

• Administrators
  • 231 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

It was not fixed in 4.5, but it's on the top of our bug-list with high priority.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users