DIMORD behaves very strangely!

2 replies to this topic

#1 Trionic Seven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 11:47 AM

Hi there,

I'm an electronics engineer, occasionally have to stretch to 2D mechanical work for enclosures etc. so I am relatively mechanically quite naive, I'm currently evaluating NanoCAD for potential replacement of ACAD.

When we draw our mechanical work, we tend to use the DIMORDINATE method of notating positions in modelspace. I attach an example so hopefully you will understand what I'm aiming for.

In ACAD our workflow previously would be:
1. Set UCS to the corner of object that is the preferred origin (UCS, ENTER twice)
2. DIMORD, right click object
3. pull to the right or left depending on whether ordinate is X or Y and place the dimension by clicking a second time.

In NanoCAD the procedure seems to be slightly different
1. It doesn't appear to matter where UCS is placed, the DIMORD command appears to require three right clicks rather than ACAD's two, the first being the "origin" of the object
2. The second click to select the feature of the model
3. The third click to pull down to place the dimension.

Note that I say "pull down", as placing the "X" Dimords works using this method, however the selecting and positioning of "Y" dimords has a tendency to still dimension on the "X" axis regardless of where you position it. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm misusing the program somehow.

I've read and re-read the documentation, and I'm getting nowhere trying to emulate the drawing attached. Can anyone give me any pointers?

Appreciate your time!
Thanks
Dan

#2 Kreator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationKrasnodar, Russia

Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:46 PM

Hi. You haven't attached the drawing. Use more reply options for it.

#3 Trionic Seven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:23 AM

Kreator, on 20 May 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

Hi. You haven't attached the drawing. Use more reply options for it.

Oops.... :rolleyes:

Try this

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users