Line Width While Hovering

2 replies to this topic

#1 John Pearson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:25 PM

I've started to use nanoCAD since DraftSight is pulling their free version at the end of this year. I have a registered version of free NC on two machines. It works as expected on a Win7-64 desktop but not a Win10-64 laptop. While hovering over an object on the desktop, the object line width increases showing it's entirety. However, on the laptop, it shows only the properties in a popup. I can select it OK but the line width does not change. Only after clicking to select do I see it's full size with the blue squares. I've compared settings between the two machines but do not see any difference. Where is the setting that causes the line width to increase while hovering over an object? I'm using the latest and same version of both machines.

Thanks

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 08:12 AM

Hello John,

please, check "SW" (show weight) button in the status bar:
Attached Image: SW.jpg
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#3 John Pearson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 March 2019 - 12:10 PM

The SW button does not do anything on either machine. On Win7, the object hover enhancement is always on and the Win10 machine, it's always off.

Both machines are running V5.0.2520-1471-Commercial. The files were downloaded separately on each machine but installed on the same day.

PS
The SH button works on both Win7 and Win10. Just discovered that the SW button works for lines that are wider than normal on both machines. The problem is object enhancement while hovering. Lines and dimensions are not broadened and dotted while hovering on Win10 but OK on Win7. The SW button is apparently not related to this feature. It should be always on. Perhaps there's a line parameter that's not set right at installation but not available for user intervention. Maybe a reinstall will fix it.

PPS
Problem solved. I just did an install/repair using the same download file and all is well now. The initial install must have been corrupted but only in that particular feature.

Thanks for your attention to my problem.

John

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users