Font import problem

2 replies to this topic

#1 andreguidelli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:17 PM

Hello. i'm used to AutoCad and Draftsight, but recently (this week) my company has done a move to change the cad system from Draftsight to Nanocad.

I recently tried to use nanocad but I'm having a major problem at importing projects from Draftsight. The problem is: A block at the right-upper corner of the drawing that shows out-of-edge in nanocad, because Romans font apparently is different from Draftsight one. I'm sending a pdf print from both Cad systems.

i selected the text from the block I'm questioning here, and here are the print from the property window from both CADs:

Attached Image: nanocad_property_Window.png

Attached Image: Draftsight_property_window.png

as you can see, the text style from both is setted on ROMANS. My conclusion is that the file ROMANS.shx from both cad systems is different.

Since we have thousands of drawings with this block, changing the cad system to nanocad requires a way to fix this divergence on opening a dwg in Nanocad. I want Romans.shx from nanocad to be similar to Draftsight ARRomS.shx when I import a dwg.

on import promt box i noticed two messages:
Font romans.shx substituted as txt.shx
Font romans.shx substituted as txt.shx

i checked past forum's topics and tried these solutions:

> Created a SHX folder and i've set this folder as standard directory in Tools>Options>Standard Directories> SHX files location
> Created a copy of Draftsight's ARRomS.shx inside this folder as Romans.shx and txt.shx.

Nothing seems to work for me.

If it is not ask too much, I need some detailed guide of this topic. This detail kinda defines either we'll move into nanocad or not.

Attached Files

#2 Kreator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationKrasnodar, Russia

Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:23 PM

Hello.
Why do you copy ARRomS.shx when romans.shx is required? Find this file and put it in the SHX directory.
And what is the difference between prints? I see almost same text style. Here's what I get after I placed romans.shx to the SHX directory.

Attached Files

#3 andreguidelli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:43 PM

well.. I deleted all other files i duplicated, except the one inside the new SHX directory. Then renamed it to Romans.shx then rebooted my PC. Than it worked fine, thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users