Inserted Blocks create own layer; can't select blocks

2 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Booth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:31 AM

In the attached file, I've inserted some window blocks, which created their own layer, WINDOWS. Now I'll be damned if I can select anything in this layer at all. I'd start over, but you can't delete a Layer with objects in it. HELP!

Attached Files

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:15 PM

Hi Matt,
do you use nanoCAD 5? To select and delete windows, switch on the "New Windows" layer, blocks are there.
nanoCAD 5 cannot delete layers which contain objects. Move objects to another layer, or use nanoCAD Plus 10: it can delete all layers.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#3 Jim Ironside

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 03:53 AM

Also on selecting blocks: When a block is created it seems to assume a highest level layer which is that layer active when the block was created, whether that layer is in one of the components of the block or not. Subsequently, nothing in the block can be selected unless that highest level layer is active. This highest level layer can be changed by selecting the block and clicking the desired layer. However, when there are many layers it is not always clear which was the assumed high level layer and therefore it may not be possible to select the block without enabling lots of layers until the right one is found. Is there any way to disable this 'feature' so that snaps and selects work on all visible elements of a block regardless of whether the highest level block is active? Is there any way to disable this feature of having a highest level layer assigned to the block?

Jim

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users