Paper Space / Scaling / Titleblock confusion

paper space scaling titleblock

1 reply to this topic

#1 FMChandler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:56 AM

Everyone has a beginning when it comes to using something. Mine, using CAD, is now.

I'm having great difficulty figuring out how to place my 17" x 11" titleblock on an A3 Layout sheet. I find NO information on how to do this. So this is what I'm doing.

I made a 17" x 11" titleblock (actual measurements are 16.5" x 10.5") and saved it as a DWT file.

I create a New file from this DWT. Then, in Model space, I copy the titleblock, delete it, then I paste it to the A3 Layout sheet. But the Layout sheet is approximately 33' x 21'. Please see pic.

Attached Image: Screenshot (13).png

If there's documentation on how to do this so that a beginner can understand it, please point me to it. I've been trying for a solid week to make this work and can't. I'm beginning to think I'm too stupid for CAD. And I've been programming computers since '83 :mellow:

I just need a little help, Forum. Please.

#2 milence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:13 AM

Switch your tab from model to layout. In layout, go to FILE- PLOT and set options you need. in section paper size and orientation choose type of paper you want to use (if you need a specific paper size, then create it by entering dimensions in " add custom paper size"- a small icon next to menu where you choose paper size). after that define plot area- choose window, next to that menu take first icon (new window plot area). it will return you to layout where you should select your drawing from one corner to opposite one. once you do this, plot window will appear and then you choose plot preview and you will see how it is going to look when you plot it or save as pdf or some other format. then close plot preview window and plot window, and in layout space you will have your drawing just in place. just try and practice :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users