"save as.." no dwg extension?

3 replies to this topic

#1 omar moretti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:27 PM

Today I saved a drawing with a new name.

I didn't added points or similar in the name: my "old" file was something like 2017_08_21_somename.dwg
and I saved it as 2017_08_30_somename.dwg

but NanoCad "removed" the extension. saved it as 2017_08_30_somename andcreating two files, one without extension (the dwg one) and a file with extension *.original

if I rename the no-extension file as dwg, it (hopefully) opens, but why the program removes the extension? in previus days has never done that strange thing.

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:00 AM

Hello Omar,
we faced with this problem on Windows 10 with nanoCAD 5. Probably, your Windows was updated recently?

.original is backup file.
The Original backup copy is creating one time on the first editing session. In future sessions this file will be not overwritten/saved if the path for the Backup folder (in AutoSave and Backup section in Options dialog) was not changed or the backup file was not deleted.Original backup copy (file with *.original extension) saves document data as it was when the file was opened for editing (original backup is created at the beginning of the session of file editing).
You can change .original to .dwg and then open file in nanoCAD.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#3 omar moretti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:30 AM

I always used Ncad in windows 10, but "issue" happened only after a program crash. from that time, happened always.

no win 10 updates (I've disabled them)

#4 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:13 AM

Hello Omar,

try to clear registry, it may solve the problem.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users