Using the Extend Command

1 reply to this topic

#1 Steve Reilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationScottsville

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:38 PM

If memory serves me well, and it's starting to fail at times, when I was using AutoCad some years back if I needed to extend a line I could type the Extend command, pick the line to extend - hit enter, and then choose the object to extend the line to, say a line perpendicular to it. Then the line would be extended and the command ended. Is this not possible in NanoCad? I also remember where I could draw a box around several objects and extend the entire selected contents, say a box where the two vertical and top lines were picked and I could either drag it to the extended location or use say the mid-point of the top line and use @0,whatever to move the entire selection up extending the box. I don't remember a stretch command but that may have been one of the commands. It has been a few years and I think I was using AutoCad 12 at the time.

Any hints would be wonderful. I'm getting back into my woodworking and always prefer to draw out my projects and then create cut lists to work off of.
Thanks,

Steve

#2 Steve Reilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationScottsville

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:53 PM

Seems my attention is worse than my memory. My mistakes was not choosing the object to extend to first, hit enter, then pick line to extend. I remember this as reversed compared to how I used to do it but that could be wrong. I need to explore more and pay attention to the Command line area more. Sorry to waste time and space on this.
Thanks,

Steve

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users