Vertical Dimension Isn't Working

Vertical dimension auto\ vertical auto

3 replies to this topic

#1 !INeedHelp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:59 AM

(Sorry about the duplicate post.)Hello, I am new to NanoCAD 5.0 (Free Version). I am learning as I go, and after wasting way too much time on trying to figure this out, I am now begging for help. When I use the Auto or Vertical Dimension tools, it will not let me do a dimension on a vertical edge of even a simple line that is set to change only in the Z axis (Endpoint 1 = (0,5,1) Endpoint 2 = (0,5,2)). I read both info in the pdf manual and the help files that NanoCAD Free brings me to and have also read the 1 forum topic on dimensions not working (which didn't solve my issue) and have had no luck making it work. If anyone can help, I would love it. Thanks. For now I will try another CAD program. Thanks in advance!

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:04 AM

Hi,

dimensions work in a plane of the current coordinate system. Set the desired view, change UCS - View, then set dimensions.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#3 !INeedHelp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:38 AM

Thanks, I think I have that figured out now. Next question... I have a 3d 2x4x8 made of 2 rectangles, and 4 lines. They are grouped together. Is there a way to shorten the 96 inch length to say 48 inches easily? Or do I have to draw a new one from scratch every time I would like a different length one? Thanks. I have attached what I have for you to look at and tell me I am doing it all wrong or something to that effect. Attached File  2x4 group stretch 1.dwg   19.19K   55 downloads

#4 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:42 PM

you should draw new one - or change the length of every object separately.
By the way, nanoCAD can create a box.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users