5 replies to this topic

#1 foxcorner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNorthern Colorado

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:19 PM

Hi all,

I'm a complete newbie to nanoCAD, so sorry for generating low-level noise. :)

I've created a block with some objects in it that are yellow. I've placed several copies
of this block in my drawing.

Now I want to place copies of the same block, but color them red. How do I duplicate
the existing block so that I can change the new block's colors to red without affecting
the original one?

Thanks!
Dan

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:50 AM

Hello Dan,

how did you color objects in block?
- created objects, changed their Color (in Inspector) to "Yellow", then created block?
- created objects, changed their Color (in Inspector) to "By block", then created block and colored it?
- or created new layer with Yellow color, made objects at this layer with "By layer" color and then created block?
At the first and third case you should call Refedit for block insertion, select objects and change their color in Inspector.
At the second - select block and change its color in inspector, don't open Refedit mode.

what version of nanoCAD do you use?
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#3 foxcorner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:14 PM

I'm using nanCAD 5.0.

I created a layer which uses yellow line style, and created the objects in that layer. Then I created a block.

If I use refedit, then all my instances of the block change color. I want to create a new block that can be colored
differently to the existing instances. How do I create a separate block that's an independent copy of the original one?

#4 Kreator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationKrasnodar, Russia

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:45 PM

I guess TS wants to "save block as..." to change existing block and save it as another reference.
foxcorner, why don't you want to use colour of objects inside "By block"? Then you can change the colour of the block and all objects inside it will change its colour too. If it is unacceptable, then you should copy the original block, explode it, change colour and create a new one.

Attached Files

#5 foxcorner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

Thanks, Kreator. I didn't know about Color by Block. It works perfectly! Your diagram was very helpful.

#6 Kreator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationKrasnodar, Russia

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:19 PM

You are welcome :) And by the way, you can use line style and line weight same way "By block".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users