Tape Measure in Sketchup: anything similar?

1 reply to this topic

#1 Michele Borioli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:22 AM

Hi,
I'm rather new to NanoCAD, so please forgive me is this question is rather trivial....
I'd like to know if there is a way to mimic the 'Tape Measure' tool included in Sketchup. More in details, i want to create some reference points in my drawings to place / add objects in specific positions relative to other objects parts (vertices, ecc), rather than in specific coordinates.

An example: I have a segment and want another segment to start, let's say, at 10 mm from the beginning of the first one. Which is the best way to do it in nanoCAD?
Is there a way to specify the starting point (or ending point or other) as relative to another point?

Thank you

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:28 PM

Hello Michele,
use DIVIDE command to distribute points or blocks at the same distance from each other along an object’s length or perimeter. Distribution along object points or blocks divides the object into segments of a specified length.
Or MEASURE command to distribute points or blocks at the specified distance from each other along an object’s length or perimeter. Distribution along object points or blocks divides the object into segments of a specified length. The last segment of the object is always smaller than others.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users