Baseline Dimensioning

2 replies to this topic

#1 Darrell Ford

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:52 PM

Hello,

I am having trouble getting the automatic baseline distance to honor the baseline spacing setting under the Dimension Style Manager > Modify > Line Tab > Baseline Spacing box.

I start a horizontal dimension with the text above arrow 2 and suppress the dimension line 1, the extension line 1 and arrow 1. I set the baseline spacing to 0 and choose the base line dimension tool. It prompts me to choose the base line I want to draw from (which I can do) but when I click the next point and points thereafter, the baseline dimension spacing are not drawn with 0 space (i.e. on top of one another) instead, it reverts to the default spacing programmed that it starts with... In fact, no value inside the baseline spacing box that you input has any effect...

I can get a pseudo fix for it by creating my base dimension, then putting in a construction line where I want the baseline measurements to end up at, next choosing baseline dimension tool, selecting the base dimension to draw from and then selecting the next point and then hold shift and drag up to the construction line I inserted at the beginning (with a perpendicular O snap) and repeat for all of the baseline dimensions I need to add. Works, but very cumbersome...

If anyone can tell me how to achieve what I am looking to do, it would be appreciated... (I am attaching a picture of my issue).

Also, I can't seem to have the baseline dimensions (the ones after the initial base dimension indicated) snap to the base point of the base line dimension, instead, it start from the endpoint of the baseline dimension (not the start / base)... Is there something else I am missing here?

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: BaselineProblem.png

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:47 AM

Hello Darrell,
there are problems with dimensions in nanoCAD 5. It is fixed in Plus 6.0 version, you can check it.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#3 Darrell Ford

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:17 PM

Thank you Helen, I will give it a try...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users