I can not use dimension tools any more

11 replies to this topic

#1 mehmet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:15 AM

I am new at this area, one who can be called newbie.

Now my problem is the second point of dimension tools. I can select first point only and just after I did it, nanocad doesn't let me to put second point and shows the distance 0(zero)

I can use only the auto measure tool...

help!!!

Attached Image: 12.png

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:46 AM

Hello,
does it happen with every drawing?
I see strange cursor colors. Can you attach or send me your file? Where was this file created?
What version of nanoCAD do you use?
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#3 mehmet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:20 AM

I use the last version which I have just downloaded and installed last week.
Yes it happens at all drawings even I create a new file with nanocad, the issue is the same.

I have been using nanocad over 2 months without any problem till last week and I don't know what I did to cause this problem while I was trying to find a solution for Turkish character problems.!!! I mean this is my fault for sure.

Note that I am working with lift designer from digipara, I create projects by using that software, than export them to dwg to make small changes on it.

I send you my last job, thanks in advance

Attached Image: 1.jpg contains a Fatal Error message which appeared just after I put auto dimension tool to related line
Attached File  send.dwg   25.35K   17 downloads is a file which I created by using nanocad to send a simple sample file.

#4 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:06 AM

View Postmehmet, on 25 May 2015 - 08:20 AM, said:

I use the last version which I have just downloaded and installed last week.
NanoCAD 3.5? nanoCAD 4.5? nanoCAD 5.0? nanoCAD Plus 5.0? nanoCAD Plus 6.0 x32? nanoCAD Plus 6.0 x64?
All this versions are available, so I can't guess which of them you installed.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#5 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:35 AM

About your first post:
I suppose that you click two times to set the first point of dimension. Use one click.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#6 mehmet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:46 AM

About my version Attached Image: screen shot.png

about one click and double click : You can trust me I know the difference between them I don't click it twice but software acts like I did. And this was my first opinion too.

As I mentioned above I use lift designer, draft sight, nanocad and I am a certified advanced ms office user I mean I have no problem with all these software and also with hardware side of computers. I use same mouse, same keyboard, same table,...

Also I tried to uninstall nanocad completely, cleaned registry entries than download and re-install it. But unfortunately the same problem occurred again. still exist.

Ps. I love nanocad, it's my priority. Working style, user interface, working speed,... it is the best ever.
But when I need to measure something I switch it off and run draftsight. Other advantage of draftsight is an ability to add picture address relatively. like [..\pictures\image01.jpg]

#7 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:07 AM

Let try to reset all settings:
close nanoCAD, run REGEDIT.
Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nanosoft\nanoCAD Int and delete 5.0 folder.
Run nanoCAD again.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#8 mehmet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:19 AM

I did exactly what you mentioned above than restart the nanocad. It started to work with a popup window that says windows is configuring nanocad... (it was too fast so I could not read exactly) Bu I was happy to see that popup just because I consider that It was working. Bu result did not change.

I am sorry I don't want to interrupt your work anymore and I think I will reformat my computer again. I don't know what did I do to mess the things up this much :(

Thanks anyway

#9 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:41 AM

Do you use profiles in nanoCAD?
Probably some programs for safety mouse and keyboard using are installed on your PC?
Try to install trial nanoCAD Plus 6.0. Will the problem appear again?
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#10 mehmet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:06 PM

Thank you very much for your help, But I did what I mentioned above and I've just finished graphic driver update. Everything is normal and I am ready to work.

P.S. I am waiting for an update to add jpg files to my drawings with relative addresses than I will not need that draftsight anymore :) like [..\pictures\image01.jpg]

Regards

#11 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:19 AM

View Postmehmet, on 02 June 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

I am waiting for an update to add jpg files to my drawings with relative addresses than I will not need that draftsight anymore :) like [..\pictures\image01.jpg]
This function and other special functions for raster image are available in Plus 6 version.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#12 mehmet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:11 AM

For sure they are but I am not that rich for now. I prepare 5 projects a month and this numbers are not enough for a new investment.
On the other hand I know the differences between free sofware and commercial ones. And I am appreciated to nanocad developers because they give us an amazing software for free. This is a really good job.

Thanks,

We can close the topic,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users