4 replies to this topic

#1 ahtea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:15 PM

Nanocad V. 5.0, Windows 8.1 X64
I just installed and registered NanoCad, and opened an old dwg file with no problem. But if I try to open another file, the program simply goes away. This happens if I click on the Open File icon, attempt File-Open, or Ctrl-O. I see the File Open window for less than a second, and then the program disappears. I have searched for the blackbox.log file, but cannot find it. I have used the Windows Search function as well with no luck.

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:41 AM

Hello,
Do you open old file by double-click? Or you use start screen? Do you open every old file, or it happens with one?
What happens if you have new file in nanoCAD and try to open another file?

Also please send us et_crash file from c:\Program Files (x86)\Nanosoft\nanoCAD en 5.0\bin\
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#3 ahtea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:07 PM

Thank you for your quick response!
I *can* open an existing file by double-clickng in an Explorer window, which invokes the Nanosoft program. I can open several different documents this way.
These files will then appear in Recent Documents, and I can open them from Recent Documents.
I can make changes to files, and Save. But I cannot Save As. If I try, the Save As dialog box appears for less than one second, then the entire program crashes (disappears from the screen) with no error message.
If I create a new drawing, and try to Save, the program also crashes.
I cannot find et_crash.

#4 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:13 AM

can you send screenshot of SaveAs dialog of any other program?
Also it will be helpful to give us list of another installed sortware on your PC.

You can send it to support@nanocad.com
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#5 ahtea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:00 PM

While preparing a list of other installed software, I thought about *why* you requested a list of other installed software. I then uninstalled programs that I no longer needed. On a whim, I also uninstalled Nanocad, restarted the computer, and re-installed Nanocad.
Now Open and Save As work fine!
Thank you for pointing me in the direction of a solution!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users