Viewport Polygonal Function from View Menu

viewport polygonal view menu

2 replies to this topic

#1 Plato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:24 AM

When on the paper space, where I have an irregular workspace inside my A3 engineering drawing border and title blocks, I go to the View Menu and select Viewport, Polygonal and I can trace out the space I want to use as the Viewport. It gives me a light blue line around the perimeter of the intended viewport area. However, I noticed when the blue line is complete, command line still asks for the next point. I am not sure to go from there as I don't seem to be able to secure that space as a Viewport using this method.

Unlike a polygonal line from the Draw menu on which you right click to close and turn into an object and then choose it as the Viewport border by Object in the Viewport menu, a right click on the blue line just shows enter, cancel. And if you click on, "enter" the blue line disappears and no Viewport appears to have been created.

Help would be appreciated to enable me to become more confident with this feature,

#2 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:10 AM

When you click "enter" the line disappears, but watch to the command line: it asks you the scale of viewport:
Input or choose view scale <Paper> or [Extents/Active<0.317095>/Paper<1.000000>/]:
After you select the desired scale (or write it), the viewport is created.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#3 Plato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

Ahh yes! Thank you. I noticed my windows icon tray had also covered it up but works fine, as you say.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users