BackUp and restore menus and settings NanoCad 5

7 replies to this topic

#1 Alsan Alsan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2023 - 02:45 PM

Hi all.

I have installed the free version since, for me, it is enough. I have customized the menus and some settings. I would like to know if it is possible to tell me how to make a backup of the menus and settings modified.

Thank you.

#2 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 315 posts

Posted 05 June 2023 - 07:24 PM

Hello.
If I'm not mistaken, they're saving automatically.

#3 Alsan Alsan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2023 - 07:07 AM

What do you mean by "in the cloud"? What I want is that if my computer gets corrupted, stolen, infected with a virus, burned, or any other misfortune occurs, I want to be able to save the configuration so that I can install it on another computer.

#4 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 315 posts

Posted 06 June 2023 - 06:50 PM

Sorry, there is no word in my answer about any cloud.
The functionality you described exists in NanoCAD 23, and I'm not sure if it is in NanoCAD 5.

#5 Alsan Alsan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2023 - 11:00 AM

<div> </div>
<div>I&#39;ll give you another example. If, for instance, I want to install NanoCAD on another PC and I want to keep all the configuration I have on my current PC, how can I import the menu configuration from one PC to another?</div>

#6 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 08:22 PM

Maybe .cfg files from

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nanosoft\nanoCAD en 5.0

will be useful?

#7 Alsan Alsan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2023 - 10:53 AM

No, I have installed NanoCAD on another computer, I have copied the files to the corresponding folder, and the menus do not change.

#8 Artemio

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 315 posts

Posted 21 June 2023 - 07:23 PM

The most comprehensive description of transferring user interface settings are in HELP -> Tuning nanoCAD -> Tuning the interface -> Profiles tab.
Dialog window, described in this section is placed in "Tools" -> "Customize" -> "Interface", tab: "Profiles".
Summary of this description is: you should try to save settings you want to transfer into .wip file using "Profiles" tab of "Customize" dialog window and then load this file using same dialog window in the new installation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users