image transparent color..?

5 replies to this topic

#1 ffred2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:39 AM

Hello,
if I insert an image wich contains a "transparent color", it's set to white (or black of TIFF files..). I tried the different image file formats available in Nanocad.
is there a way to be able to put two images on top of each other - essentially a logo on top of an image - and be able to see the background image across the transparent color of the logo ?
thanks
ffred

#2 SevaM

Admin

• Administrators
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:52 AM

Hello Ffred,

only for monochrome images. If your logo is monochrome - place it over background imabe, select and se Transparency = Yes in In Inspector ( Properties dialog ).

Best regards,
Seva.

#3 ffred2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:53 AM

well, ok.. just tried. it's working.
but it's not monochrome (as I understand it in French..), but it's black & white, just two colors, with no shade of gray.

so, not the solution for my actual need. I will do the logo insertion outside Nanocad and insert only the final image.
but thanks, it's better and better after each version.
ffred

#4 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

Hello Ffred.

Which format of images do you use?
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#5 SevaM

Admin

• Administrators
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

yes, only bitonal images can be transparent in nanoCAD, but you can use Image Clip to make some parts of image transparent. It's not easy for complex images.

#6 ffred2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

I tried the several image formats that Nanocad can insert...
but don't worry, for my today problem, it's solved. I positionned the images in Nanocad, without the transparency and then I mixed the two images outside Nanocad before re-inserting ... not too much a problem for today.
will see next year for my next needs how to simplify.
happy Christmas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users