4 replies to this topic

#1 Tomasz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:44 AM

According to this topic http://forum.nanocad...?showtopic=4392 I made a test

Posted Image

After the test nanoCAD changed my settings to second option.

Posted Image

This procedure doesn't set highlighted option. Description says it can slow down rendering.

I tried to work with file ~ 30 MB and without ticked it freezes a little during moving/zooming. Is it normal?

Usually i work with 2D architectural designs, only viewing & measuring for quantity surveys.

What is your recommendation? Should I turn off or turn on "improved compatibility mode" ?

#2 Evan Yares (Nanosoft America)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona, USA

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

OpenGL performance varies greatly with the particular graphics card and drivers you happen to be using. In some cases, to get the best performance, you might need to download updated drivers from your computer or graphics card manufacturer.

You have the basic Intel HD graphics in your computer. It's not very fast when running OpenGL, but it appears that the version of software you have is pretty compatible, and you can probably turn-off the "Improved compatibility mode." You should be able to tell rather quickly if it creates a problem.

You should consider using DirectX graphics instead of OpenGL. The Intel HD graphics drivers are highly optimized for DirectX.
Evan Yares
Nanosoft America

#3 Tomasz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostEvan Yares (Nanosoft America), on 04 November 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

OpenGL performance varies greatly with the particular graphics card and drivers you happen to be using. In some cases, to get the best performance, you might need to download updated drivers from your computer or graphics card manufacturer.

You have the basic Intel HD graphics in your computer. It's not very fast when running OpenGL, but it appears that the version of software you have is pretty compatible, and you can probably turn-off the "Improved compatibility mode." You should be able to tell rather quickly if it creates a problem.

You should consider using DirectX graphics instead of OpenGL. The Intel HD graphics drivers are highly optimized for DirectX.

Yes, it isn't dedicated GPU, it's "sandy bridge" or sth like this bulit-in into processor, but it works smooth, fast and stable, when I view drawings in DWG_TrueView.
NanoCAD under DirectX suffers from micro-freezes in some cases, e.g. project with >800 layers.

#4 JCO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:33 PM

Hi,

Would you please instruct me how to change the screen resolution (ACAD "viewres" command) of the drawing area? I'm working on Window 7 (64) with a 4.5 Nanocad version.

Thank You!

Jaime

#5 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:58 AM

Hello Jaime,
there is no VIEWRES or the same command. You can set graphic optimization, but it is available in nanoCAD Plus only:
Attached Image: graphic.jpg
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users