#1 anto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

I'm using nanoCAD eng 4.5

I think there are bugs in dimensioning :

Dimension style setting (dialog)
  • Primary unit prefix and suffix does not have effect (preview and real drawing).
  • Scale factor does not have effect if measurement scale is set to 1:1. It multiply to 4x or 2x (i think it is random) if measurement scale is set to 2:1 or 1:2
Dimension properties (side bar)
  • Setting prefix of suffix of alt units repacing prefix and suffix on primary units. Also it removes the pairing (setting prefix will remove suffix and vice versa).
Edit dimension (from right click)
  • no setting of alternate units. I don't know if this is important or not, but maybe this is interfering with alt unit properties.
  • There is no way to set symbol alternative. So the only ways to make every symbol shows properly is by using vector fonts (I'm using CS_Gost2304.shx). Other font only shows square except for radius, diameter, M, SR, Sdiameter.

#2 SevaM

Admin

• Administrators
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

Hello,

yes, bugs reprodused, next version ( 5.0 ) is now ander alpha-testing, so I am not sure it will be fixed in 5.0, but hope all bugs in dimensions will be fixed in future versions.

#3 anto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

Thank's,

For now, I'm just using simple dimensioning work. I mean just made dimensions. Then select all, then change the scale from lower right menu.

It helps a lot

#4 gabriela@regionaldoors.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:26 PM

yes I was having the same problem with my Dimensions,
I have everything in Architectural dimensions and I want to go from Feet and Inches to Millimeters
I read that I needed to add mm to the Prefix or the Suffix and it will change everything from there.
Take a Door for Example I want to draw a 915mm x 2150mm and when I go to get the dimensions...
I am getting 76'-3" x 179'-2"..
What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do to change this.?

#5 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:45 AM

View Postgabriela@regionaldoors.com, on 21 December 2015 - 09:26 PM, said:

yes I was having the same problem with my Dimensions,
I have everything in Architectural dimensions and I want to go from Feet and Inches to Millimeters
I read that I needed to add mm to the Prefix or the Suffix and it will change everything from there.
Take a Door for Example I want to draw a 915mm x 2150mm and when I go to get the dimensions...
I am getting 76'-3" x 179'-2"..
What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do to change this.?

Hello Gabriella,
1. nanoCAD 5 has problem with Prefix and Suffix, if you need set them, do it manually. Bug is fixed in nanoCAD Plus 7.
2. if you need to set dimensions in millimeters, change format of primary units to Decimal in Modify Dimension Style dialog.
nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users