How to change measurement scale to a custom the same as viewport

scale

3 replies to this topic

#1 Steven Spies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

I am trying to work out how to change the measurement scale to a custom scale the same as the viewport, i.e not one of the selections from the drop down. I like to do all my dimensioning in the layout, e.g double click into the viewport and zoom to the size I am happy with, then exit the viewport and dimension in the layout (saves a lot of time in trying to get text and label sizes right). Alot of the work I do is bigger than 18m long. Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 SevaM

Admin

• Administrators
  • 231 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

Hello Steven,

it's a bug with Dimensions in layouts in current version, hope it will be fixed in future versions.

#3 radiohaktive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

If you know LISP or someone who knows LISP, try making a routine that gets the custom scale of the viewport, asks for the points you're measuring, multiplies distance between points by custom vp scale factor and replaces the default dimension in the layout with the one you need. This sounds like it could actually be useful in general; might work on the routine if I get time and post.

#4 Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 03:55 PM

Is this still not fixed nearly seven years later?

I'm not convinced by NanoCAD yet. Not enough for a subscription. It's all right for a free tool, but there are some aggravating bugs in version 5 which almost make it unusable, or at least very time-consuming to get reasonable plots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users