Copy and Paste don't work in DWG created with AutoCAD

10 replies to this topic

#1 mquintero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Hi.. I'm new with Nanocad, but i have good skills with many CAD programs.

I have a file created with AutoCAD 2012.

When a try to Copy any object from layout (Crt+C or Crtl+Shift+C command), it seems to work, but really doesn't, because i can't Paste object in any place, even in another file created with Nanocad.

I have tried with Save as... but nothing befall.

Thaks and sorry for my bad English.

PD: the command COPY work fine, but I need to copy the object in another Layout or another File and COPY don't do this.

#2 rimas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

I encountered a quite similar problem.
I can't copy anything from one file to another, files are created with nanocad, but if i copy text( I can copy only a text) from anythere else(word, web browser) I can paste it to nanocad as text too.
For me doesnt work ctrl+c.
I can use only move copy, but this doesnt help, then I need to copy something from one file to another.

#3 rimas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

cut(ctrl+x) function doesnt work either...

#4 SevaM

Admin

• Administrators
  • 225 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

Hello,

which kind of objects are you copiing? I can copy nanocad objects from one file to another or from one layout to another.

#5 rimas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:19 AM

View PostSevaM, on 28 May 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

Hello,

which kind of objects are you copiing? I can copy nanocad objects from one file to another or from one layout to another.

All kinds. I tried everything: right click then copy/cut/paste, ctrl+x, ctrl+c, ctrl+v, ctrl+shift+c..., writeing commands: copy, copyclip, paste... Any of them didnt work.
The only working function was - MoveCopy, but it worked only in the same file.

Now I solved problem with new nanocad install. I can copy again :D

#6 will bowden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:02 PM

I have lost my Paste function again, this happened once last Autumn and was solved by reinstalling, there is obviously a problem somewhere, any ideas anyone?

Will :-(

#7 will bowden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:26 PM

I've reinstalled NanaoCAD now and still no PASTE function so a bit more digging online found it maybe a conflict between software. I tweaked a few tick boxes in MSword (the main other programme I use) and now I can paste the MSword clipboard to a drawing but I can't seem to COPY to the NanoCAD clipboard to Paste from there. I assume the Clipboard is therefore a general thing that all programmes share and its actually a COPY problem? God knows, my brain is hurting and I have tons of work to do that I can't get on with, HELP!!!

Will :-(

#8 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:16 AM

Hello Will,

Try to run regedit, find there HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nanosoft\nanoCAD Int and delete 5.0 path.
Go for nanoCAD Plus 10 now!
New interface, improved and accelerated drawing process, support for dwg2018 format. You will like new version!
Free trial license is available here: https://nanocad.com/.../plus/download/

nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#9 Phil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:44 AM

Hi,

I've found that you can't cut and paste if you open a drawing that has been created in nanoCAD, in AutoCAD - I think it is to do with proxy settings/proxy graphics. I haven't found a work-around other than to insert the whole drawing you want to cut and paste from as a block into the drawing you're working in and then delete the objects/entities you don't want. There may be a better way though! Phil

#10 Hellen_V

nanoCAD Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:52 AM

Hi Phil,
try to select proxy-objects and use XPROXY (Explode Proxy objects).
If it will not help, please, send an example file.
Go for nanoCAD Plus 10 now!
New interface, improved and accelerated drawing process, support for dwg2018 format. You will like new version!
Free trial license is available here: https://nanocad.com/.../plus/download/

nanoCAD Support Team
support@nanocad.com

#11 MiltonVep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:51 PM

This topic is interesting
Tiny Tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users