Zooming problem

8 replies to this topic

#1 Eva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

So I have a strange problem. I'm new to cad software so maybe my problem is simple and I don't know it.

I've been creating a drawing over several days. Today I was working on my drawing and I used my center mouse button to zoom in and out on different portions of the drawing.

At one point I zoomed out and for some reason couldn't zoom in. I couldn't find my drawing I had somehow zoomed very far out. To the point where a slight movement of the mouse moved 100,000+ in the coordinates. Try as I might I could not get back to my drawing. I switched over to my layout space and my drawing and all the work I had done was still there. I went back to the model and was able to "select all" and got the response that 614 objects were selected and 10 were not in this space. I tried to use the "Fit Selected" command and that resulted in me being zoomed in very far and only seeing a little dot on my screen. I couldn't even see any of the individual lines of the grid. Only the dot was visible. Not even the cursor is visible. When I move the cursor it registers 100's of coordinates instead of 100,000 at the slightest movement of the mouse.

I've no idea if I accidentally clicked on something that changed a setting somewhere but I really could use your help. I know the drawing is still in here somewhere because I can select the objects and it's visible on the layout I just have no idea how to get to it and why the zoom is functioning so strangely. One other observation is that when I zoom in the little graphic which shows X and Y with vectors on the Model space and the grid get what I can only describe as corrupted if I zoom in to far.

I really hope someone can help me with this.

#2 Eva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

Update:

I got thinking, if I can select the objects should I be able to copy and paste them as well? So I did and it worked. I was able to past them into a new file tab. I'd still really like some help figuring out what I did wrong though. I'd prefer not to have to use this as a fix for the future should this problem occur again. THANKS!

#3 Eva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

Update 2: I tried to paste the copied object back into the original document but when I did it came out all corrupted. I can't explain it better than that. I had to zoom in very far and instead of seeing my drawing I saw parts of my drawing. As I moved the drawing some parts disappear and others reappear.

#4 Eva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Screen shot 3 shows what the drawing looks like

and...

Screen shot 4 shows what the drawing should look like

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: NanoCad screen shot 3.jpg
  • Attached Image: NanoCad screen shot 4.jpg

#5 ISL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

This may happen when an entity was accidentally created far far away. Try to regenerate the drawing with the REGEN command.

Then, zoom to extents, zoom out with one wheel step, and try to select this obstructing entity.
Build your own nanoCAD. Visit the nanoCAD API Blog. Join the nanoCAD Developers' Club.

#6 Eva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

I did that ISL but when I regen it seems like nothing happens. Then when I go to the command line and type in zoom then select extents what happens is odd. The screen goes black except for a single white dot in the middle of the screen. When I try and mouse over it the mouse disappears immediately as I travel over the drawing space. I then thought, what if I zoom to extents, select all and erase the drawing. This works but the result is that the zoom is still what I would describe as corrupt. The X and Y vector symbol still distorts and is not showing X and Y but is "artifacted". The smallest movement of the mouse moves 1000's of coordinates. I'm wondering if this is maybe just a damage file and there is no saving it? Like I said earlier, the work around solution I came up with is to select all, copy and paste into a new file. It's not the most ideal solution but it worked. I'm still curious though as to what went wrong so I don't repeat it or at least can fix it if it does happen again.

#7 SevaM

Admin

• Administrators
  • 231 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

Can you send me your sample? I think some objects were created out of range.

#8 Eva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

Sure I can send a sample...how?

#9 SevaM

Admin

• Administrators
  • 231 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

You can send it to support@nanocad.com or to seva@nanocad.com.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users