Plotting to a PDF printer creates an upside down PDF

3 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Muller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

When I plot to a PDF printer, the PDF that is created is upside down.

I've plotted to PDFCreator, CutePDF, and Adobe PDF printers, and all the PDFs that are created are upside, so I don't think it's the PDF printer.

I've plotted with other CAD software (AutoCAD LT and DraftSight) to PDFCreator, CutePDF, and Adobe PDF, and the PDFs are right side up, so I don't think it's the dwg files.

It happens on a new drawing, and consistenly happens on most of my existing dwg files. About 1 in 20 print correctly all the time. All the others always print upside down.

If I click "Plot" directly from the Plot Dialog, the PDF is upside down. But if I click "Preview", and then click "Print" from inside the Preview Dialog, it plots right side up.

If I click "Plot upside down" from the Plot Dialog, that also fixes it.

It seems like I need to plot twice: the first time to find which drawings are upside, and the second time to fix them.

I've uninstalled nanoCAD 3.5, deleted C:\Program Files (x86)\Nanosoft, deleted C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Nanosoft, and then reinstalled nanoCAD. The problem still remains. Is there a corrupt value in the registery or another config folder location? Or is this a bug in the software?

Thank you for your help.

#2 SevaM

Admin

• Administrators
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Hello,

can you send any drawing which is always plotted upside down? I am using Bullzip PDF Printer and always get correct plot. May be in some Page setups checkbox "Plot upside down" is selected?

Best regards,
Seva.

#3 Dave Muller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Hello,

I believe the problem is related to choosing Landscape. Printing to Portrait comes out correctly. Printing to Landscape prints upside down.

Attached are a sample.dwg and screenshots of the Plot settings.

Thank you

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: good settings.png
  • Attached Image: bad settings.png

Attached Files

#4 will bowden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

My Bullzip pdf 'printer' does this as well. I haven't cracked it yet so I'll watch this thread with interest :-)

Will

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Google