autolisp load script path dcl file

4 replies to this topic

#1 Canada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

Hi.

I am trying to run a LISP (or lsp or AutoLISP) script to import points from a list of coordinates, namely the script below:

http://www.jefferyps..._IMPORTXYZ.html

There are three files included in the download:

IMPORTXYZ.LSP
IMPORTXYZ.DCL
IMPORTXYZATT.dwg

When I load importxyz.lsp and then try to run the command, I get the response:
The IMPORTXYZ.dcl file could not be found.

I have placed IMPORTXYZ.dcl in lots of sub-directories in the following paths, and still I get the same response:
The IMPORTXYZ.dcl file could not be found.

C:\Users\cpo\AppData\Roaming\Nanosoft\nanoCAD Eng 4.5
C:\Program Files (x86)\Nanosoft\nanoCAD Eng 4.5
C:\ProgramData\Nanosoft\nanoCAD Eng 4.5

What is the solution?

Thanks to anyone that is able to help!

#2 Kevin Freund

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

I have exactly the same problem with this same program. I have put the dcl file in every directory that I can think of.
I have looked at changing the path in options, standard directories, but I can't get the 'ADD' button to operate.

I have been trying to find a simple lisp routine to draw a polyline from a list of points in a text file, but importxyz was the only one I could find so far.

Kevin

#3 ISL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

The problem is not that nanoCAD cannot find the DCL, as it always looks for a DCL file next to a calling LISP file. This DCL file is too difficult for our DCL engine to be parsed.
Build your own nanoCAD. Visit the nanoCAD API Blog. Join the nanoCAD Developers' Club.

#4 Kevin Freund

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

That's the message, that nanocad can't find the file. It opens in Progecad but the point file is not read.

I think I'll stick to an ordinary script file (.scr) in either Progecad or Draftsight.

#5 ISL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:14 AM

nanoCAD currently does not differentiate when it cannot find or cannot parse a DCL file, that's why the message is about not finding the file.

SCR files are not supported yet, so maybe the best idea until we fix DCL parser is to suppress the DCL dialog and get IMPORTXYZ.lsp working in the command-line mode. I don't know how difficult it is, as it highly depends on the architecture of this program.
Build your own nanoCAD. Visit the nanoCAD API Blog. Join the nanoCAD Developers' Club.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users